JavaScript Stripped Off - JCE Editor 1.5.4

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
cascade27
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

JavaScript Stripped Off - JCE Editor 1.5.4

Post by cascade27 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:18 pm

I use Jumi to embed JavaScript code in articles from the back end and it works fine. However, I have a content editor with "Editor" rights wants to embed JavaScript code in his article from the front end. When he tries to embed JavaScript, Joomla strips off when the article is saved.

How can I allow this editor to embed JavaScript code in his articles without granting him access to the back end? Thank you.

Using Joomla 1.5.15

cascade27
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: JavaScript Stripped Off

Post by cascade27 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:22 am

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I am also using JCE 154 and so far, I haven't been able to get this to work from the front end when I log in as Editor. I can embed javascript from the back end as Administrator, though.

cascade27
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cascade27 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm using JCE 154 on Joomla 1.5.15. I can embed JavaScript code in an article as Super Admin just fine but when I try to do that as a front end user, my JavaScript code gets stripped off upon saving. I have a front end user who needs to constantly update his JavaScript code on his article but he is not able to update any JavaScript right now because it gets stripped off. How can I allow him to update JavaScript on his article as a front end user? I really don't want to grant him Super Admin privileges. Any ideas?

cascade27
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cascade27 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:07 pm

After a lot of research, I was finally able to find the solution. The solution involved two steps:

1. Change the default filtering option in the Global configurations of the Article Manager. For more information, see http://docs.joomla.org/Why_does_some_HT ... n_1.5.8%3F

2. In the JCE Group Setup, I set the type and user to match my particular user.

Now, my user can embed JavaScript code in an article from the front end and I didn't have to grant him the back end access.

Hope this helps someone with a similar situation. :)

ArtistDigital
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: JavaScript Stripped Off - JCE Editor 1.5.4

Post by ArtistDigital » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:39 am

Thanks for trying to let others know!

I still get <div id="mediaspace">This text will be replaced</div> lol!
Which pill kills quickly! I need one!

shockman
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shockman » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:48 pm

cascade27 wrote:After a lot of research, I was finally able to find the solution. The solution involved two steps:

1. Change the default filtering option in the Global configurations of the Article Manager. For more information, see http://docs.joomla.org/Why_does_some_HT ... n_1.5.8%3F

2. In the JCE Group Setup, I set the type and user to match my particular user.

Now, my user can embed JavaScript code in an article from the front end and I didn't have to grant him the back end access.

Hope this helps someone with a similar situation. :)
i did all of this still no luck!

da8iwr
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: JavaScript Stripped Off - JCE Editor 1.5.4

Post by da8iwr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:41 pm

In Joomla 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0 using JCE 154 up to the current version of 2.3 its the same way to allow this.

Go to
Components > JCE Editor > Editor Profiles > Default > Editor Parameters > Advanced

And then select "Yes" for
  • Allow Javascript
    Allow CSS
    Allow PHP
    XHTML Inline Scripts
Now you can enter [youtube] Video, flash, Facebook, Twitter, etc embed code :geek:

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”