CB Captcha Not Displaying Security Code

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
decoy1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

CB Captcha Not Displaying Security Code

Post by decoy1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:39 pm

I recently installed joomla 1.5.15 with Community Builder 1.2.1. I downloaded and installed CB_Captcha_2.2 and enabled it. For some reason the security code does not show up and is replaced by "Image with security code embedded in it".

I've searched the CB forums and found one thread concerning this but whoever this was happening to had put their configuration.php file outside the webroot and was using a php include to fetch it. He had to change a line in cb.session.php to reflect the direct path to the file.

This isn't the case for me. I've looked at the source code of the page and all paths seem fine. All permissions and ownership issues look fine. I just don't get it. I've used CB 1.1 with captcha for years and it installed and worked in less than a minute so I don't get it.

Two suggestions by CB staff (on someone else's thread) were either they didn't have the right version to be installed on 1.2.1 or to re-install php and apache modules. Well I'm using the latest version of CB Captcha and the latter solution is simply not feasible. I'm not sure what to do next to troubleshoot.

http://spotabusiness.com/new_spota1/Cre ... count.html

Thanks for any input

decoy1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: CB Captcha Not Displaying Security Code

Post by decoy1 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:59 am

I couldn't figure it out and I get no response on the CB boards. I installed the old captcha and it works but I'm not very happy with this 'solution'.

Varma
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Varma » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:29 am

I am having the same issue and tried every suggession that I could find on Internet (google search)

Could you tell me which version you have and is there a way that you could mail that to me which worked.

Thanks
Varma

decoy1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by decoy1 » Sat May 08, 2010 6:23 am

Varma wrote:I am having the same issue and tried every suggession that I could find on Internet (google search)

Could you tell me which version you have and is there a way that you could mail that to me which worked.

Thanks
Varma
Well the only way to download captcha 2.2 is to be a paid subscriber at Joomlapolis. I simply installed the old version and it works fine. It just doesn't have the prettier features of 2.2 but it does it's job (for now).

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”