Maxi Menu CK Help

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
narayana
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Maxi Menu CK Help

Post by narayana » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:01 pm

i have some problem too with maxi menu ! when i zoom in zoom out in my site the last colum falls down ! any help ?

www.politicaldoubts.com

wizzard308
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wizzard308 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:33 am

I have the same problem as piexy241 had and so far I haven't seen an explanation to help either of us except for one vague one. Some of us are not so code smart, can someone explain in layman's terms why the menu would be hidden behind the main content? and if possible how to fix that problem?

here is a test page using Maxi Menu. I will attempt to place the ARI Ext Men on this page as well later today. http://www.tennoutdoorsman.com/index.php/test-menu if you have a fix, post here or feel free to leave a comment on the specified page.

wizzard308
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wizzard308 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:31 am

Ok the problem for me was this. I am using the system JAT3 Plugin for my template. It caused a conflict.
In the JAT3 plugin you need to locate base themes, default template.css and change the overflow properties to visible

Code: Select all

#ja-container ul.menu li { background: none; margin: 0; overflow: hidden; padding: 0; }
change to

#ja-container ul.menu li { background: none; margin: 0; overflow: visible; padding: 0; }

nadja7765
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nadja7765 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:02 am

Since this is a Maxi Menu thread I thought I' would just ask here.
I have installed the module and all works fine. I changed the parameters to what I would like them to be, but I can't for the life of me change the font. I have been looking in the CSS files, but there is nothing for me to work with. Does any body know how to change font in this module? I am using joomla 1.7, and the latest version of the module.

Thanks!!
Nadja

wizzard308
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wizzard308 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 pm

post a link, maybe someone can help you locate it. Cant promise but I will try it.

nadja7765
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nadja7765 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 pm

wizzard308 wrote:post a link, maybe someone can help you locate it. Cant promise but I will try it.
I am not sure if I can post a link since my site is on a development server. But after hours of fiddling I actually had a eureka moment.

Depending whether you are using the vertical or horizontal menu, you have to edit either maximenuH.php or maximenuV.php found in ...modules/mod_maximenu_CK/themes/default/ or default2/css.
You have to create a new line for the font-family, as nothing has been specified. I put it in line 143 under the span.titreCK div dunno if that makes a difference :)
So easy when you know what to do! I am a newbie, but is it common to put style code in a php file? Thanks for trying to help!

Nadja

webguy101au
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by webguy101au » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:02 am

heya All, has anyone managed to find the code that sets the offset of submenus, because my main drop down menu is so wide, when a sub menu springs up to the righ hand side, it starts at nearly the middle of the drop down, I just cannot see the offset setting.

Cheers

foreverfan
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by foreverfan » Sat May 05, 2012 10:01 pm

For the top menu of this page http://www.marketnewsservices.com/index.php/en/
i use Maximenu, i got it all like i want except i want more spacing / seperation in between the menus .
Where can i find this in the css of maximenu?

benjimckinney
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by benjimckinney » Sat May 05, 2012 11:17 pm

@foreverfan

Check line 186 in your template.css. Change your margin from 0 1px to something like 0 5px. You can play with the code a bit in Firebug (Firefox).

foreverfan
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by foreverfan » Sun May 06, 2012 12:32 am

Hi thank you very much, i finally got myself some space in the menu :)

foreverfan
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by foreverfan » Mon May 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi Benji,

I would like to add a seperator line (straight vertical line) in between the menu items

I hope you can help me one more time since you seen to be a pro in template editing ;)

Kind regards,

Linda

benjimckinney
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by benjimckinney » Mon May 07, 2012 5:22 pm

I know there are a lot of ways to do that. I will post a more exact way to do it later but for now try adding the space html entity behind your menu item title such as:

home&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|
This is a kind cheat to get the spacing. Using the entity

&nbsp;
for each space that you want between the "title" and the "|" character. (You may have to add some of these spacings behind the "|" as well.)

Like I said, there is a cleaner way to do this but this is a quick way to manually add the spacing for now.

foreverfan
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by foreverfan » Mon May 07, 2012 5:27 pm

hi thanx i have spacing and i found another solution which i added
http://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=qnQUaKbvt0Y

benjimckinney
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by benjimckinney » Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Yes. That would work as well. Thank God for [youtube] right?

Janpy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Janpy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:43 am

Hi everyone! :D
This is my new (only a beta, for now) site: www.almacreativa.it

I'd like to fit size of columns (fimo, plex and others) to make them equals.
How could i do?
Thank you in advance.

alexmansour
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by alexmansour » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello Guys , I had Installed the MaxiMenu CK on joomla 2.5 , and i use it as rtl direction , but i am facing a problem with the width of the page after i installed it , which give me a very wide page (empty space in the left direction of the page . Any Help ...?? I really Need the solution , thank you a lot guys .

dallibab
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dallibab » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:46 am

My sub menu is sliding out but is still behind my main menu, I saw a couple of other posts on here with the same problem but with n resolution, did anyone manage to sort out how or where to ofset it ?

Thanks

john.

oneillgraphics
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by oneillgraphics » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm stuck in what seems to be a common place with this mod. I can't effect a change to the CSS file that changes the background colors of the child menu. (I need the gray to be darker)

I've tried changing the maximenuH_CK.php file but it's like it's not even the right file. no changes are happening even when I change hight and obvious parameters. :pop
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kathirsrs
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kathirsrs » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 am

Hi

I Need to add column title for the menus in maximenu.Any suggestions
Thanks,
Kathir

freeclup
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by freeclup » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:31 am

kathirsrs wrote:Hi

I Need to add column title for the menus in maximenu.Any suggestions
hi
Title of the link||Description([col=180])->Title||[col=180]
:pop
Last edited by pe7er on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Manual signature has been removed. Please use the forum signature instead
Majid-Mit
my knowledge is know to not know
http://freeclup.com/index.php/en/

kathirsrs
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kathirsrs » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 am

Hi freeclup,

This doesn't work for me can you plz explain elaborate.
Thanks,
Kathir

freeclup
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by freeclup » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:19 pm

hi its all i know
In the first tutorial on using the MaxiMenu extension, I've explained how you can add a megamenu to your Joomla-powered site. Now let's build on this knowledge by adding columns to present rows of hyperlinks within the megamenu.
Why use columns?

Using a megamenu enables you to show your web site visitor many related navigation options in just one click. If you want to present menu options as clearly as possible, it’s a good idea to use columns within your megamenu. To see what this effect looks like, here’s how I decided to order the menu links under the Joomla books menu item on my website.
In this example, three columns are used:
The first columns shows introductory information on this menu item (‘Books on Joomla 1.6 and 2.5’).
The second column shows all books under the Joomla 1.6 heading (actually, it’s just one book, but we won’t let that fact spoil our columnar fun).
The third column contains a Joomla 2.5 heading and shows links about the book on Joomla 2.5.

Example: creating three columns
How do you achieve the menu layout shown above using MaxiMenu? To see how this structure is constructed in the Joomla backend, let’s have a look at the menu items under Menus > Main Menu. Here you can see how I've added codes to the Menu Titles to indicate where MaxiMenu should start rendering a new column.
To create a structure like the one shown above, these are the steps involved:

To indicate the start of the first column, in the Menu Manager, create (or edit) the first 2nd level menu link. In the Menu Title field, add a [col=<width>] code to indicate the starting point and width (in pixels) of the column. In this example, the first menu item already consists of a code [modid=97]: it's not just an ordinary menu link, but it's a Custom HTML module shown within the menu (as described in the previous part of this tutorial). After the [modid=97] code, I’ve added the code [col=160], indicating a MaxiMenu column with a width of 160 pixels should start here.
It’s important to note that you could add this [col=<width>] code to any kind of menu link: in this case it’s a Text Separator used to make MaxiMenu display a module, but it could also be any other type of menu link, such as a link to an article.

To indicate the start of the second column, edit the Menu Title of the menu link that should become the first link in the second column and add a similar code here. In this case, I’ve added [col=170] to create a column that’s 170 pixels wide:
To indicate the start of the third column, add a similar code in Menu Title field of the menu link that will become the first link in this column. In this example, I’ve again added [col=170] to create a column that’s 170 pixels wide:

In this example, the result looks as shown in the screenshot below:

Of course, this is just one example of the way you can use columns and add lists of links to one single main menu item. This approach can be much more useful on content-rich sites, where you want to display an overview of related contents in columns or lists. Go ahead and experiment!

To read more about the basic deployment of the MaxiMenu CK module, make sure to have a look at the first tutorial on this topic: How to create a mega drop-down menu in Joomla 2.5.
Majid-Mit
my knowledge is know to not know
http://freeclup.com/index.php/en/

kathirsrs
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kathirsrs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:07 am

Hi freeclup,

Thanks for your explanation it helps me a lot.
Thanks,
Kathir

Rogoble
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Rogoble » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Hello, I'm a new Joomla user, installed Maxi Menu CK, I changed the appearance of the buttons active_bg.png fancy_bg.png fond_bg.png I do not know where to change the background sub-2 which is all black, in maximenuH_CK.php I can not find an entry is responsible for this color

gachsaran
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gachsaran » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:55 am

Hi
Anybody knows how to change direction from ltr(left to right) to rtl (right to left)?
How do I change font-size in my horizontal first level menu ?

Thanks a lot

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”