Phoca front end (user cpnl) upload problem "Not Valid Photo

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
davemarquez20
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Phoca front end (user cpnl) upload problem "Not Valid Photo

Post by davemarquez20 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi, Phoca Gallery users in the front end can't upload any photos its says "NOT A VALID PHOTO", the files size limit is 3MB, photos with 500KB size or lower than 3MB always shows "NOT VALID PHOTO" while uploading. the configuration in phoca gallery upload size limit is already 3MB (default).
but the administrator at the back end can upload any photos (with a maximum file size of 3MB)...

Note:

I've already check the site configuration of joomla! the upload size config which is 10MB, and the php config upload_size which is also 10MB.

Legal Image Extensions showed this: "bmp,csv,doc,epg,gif,ico,jpg,odg,odp,ods,odt,pdf,png,ppt,mov,swf,txt,xcf,xls,BMP,CSV,DOC,EPG,GIF,ICO,JPG,ODG,ODP,O

I checked the permissions for directories - they are all set at 755.
I checked the path to media folder - its "images"
I checked the path to the image folder - its "images/stories".
the category folder follows the rule (without spaces etc.)

I tried to uninstall phoca gallery and install it again but the problem occurs again.

I don't really know what to do? Please help... I can upload in the back end of phoca gallery as an administrator but in the user control panel it will show "NOT A VALID IMAGE" after uploading

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”