Problem using Superfisn Menu in custom template

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jlabuelo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Problem using Superfisn Menu in custom template

Post by jlabuelo » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:03 am

Hi all

Lets see if some of you can help me on this please. We have got a template from the internet, and have installed it on our Joomla 1.5. It works fine, but now we would like to add to the site a horizontal top menu, with submenus.

We have tried to do it first with the topmenu joomla 1.5 has by default, but it was impossible for us to get it to work, so we decided to install SuperFish Menu Module. We can check that in the default template joomla has "rhuk_milkyway" Superfish Module works fine, and we can see the menu and submenu in the top of the site.

In our new template, we have placed user3 and user4 positions (user4 inside user3) at the top of the template, and user3 would be to place the menu in there, and user4 to place the translator module( Joomfish) and the Search module.

If we do not use the custom template, in the "rhuk_milkyway" template, it looks fine, however once we move to our custom template, superfish module does not show submenus, and even so user4 content is moved down giving a very bad image of the site. Well I must be right... seems that submenus are shown as in the site you can see that something is behigh the parent menu item... but you never get to see anything.

In the custom template, if we do not publish the superfish module, but we try to use the default topmodule of joomla 1.5, everything looks fine.... but we have no module.

I have added a couple of images explaining the situation.

Could anyone please let me know how should I configure the superfish menu to work in our custom template?

We are very new on this of Joomla, so any kind of help will be much appreciated!!!

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”