How do I add captions to sigplus gallery?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
incubus898
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How do I add captions to sigplus gallery?

Post by incubus898 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Well two issues I have with the sigplus gallery I can't solve:

The first is that when I try to use the carousel it works but for whatever reason the container somehow cuts off at 75px. So basically instead of seeing the 3 pictures scroll at a time I see half a picture at a time. If anyone knows where I could look to fix this that would be great.

My second issue is captions. I simply don't have a clue to how to get these to work. I created the .txt file named test.txt which for right now have three separate lines of words.

ex:

line 1
line 2
line 3

I placed this file within the same folder as the gallery i have and got nothing. I even wrote:

Code: Select all

{gallery labels=test}gallery1{/gallery}
and no dice.

Can some one tell me how to do this? that would be GREATLY appreciated the link to the site is
http://ledlightinginc.com/jgregory_new/ ... 9&Itemid=7

Right now I have the sigplus on "boxplus image tansition (with jquery) as the image slider.

Thanks Guys

incubus898
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How do I add captions to sigplus gallery?

Post by incubus898 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:14 am

Is there anybody out there there there hello hello hello

haha help me please guys!

hunyadi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by hunyadi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:34 pm

You might wish to check out the sigplus documentation on the syntax of a labels file (labels.txt). A labels file associates image files with captions, i.e. you have to specify both the file you are attaching a caption to as well as the caption itself, e.g.

Code: Select all

cherry.jpg|Cherry|The first item in my fruit collection.
pears.jpg|Pears|The second item in my fruit collection.
strawberry.jpg|Strawberry|The third item in my fruit collection.
Browsers tend to render certain sigplus galleries that are placed inside the cells of a table in peculiar ways, placing a sigplus gallery inside a table cell is not recommended. Unfortunately, your template uses the HTML element <table> in formatting a blog layout, and your articles do end up in table cells.

cheat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cheat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:55 am

Can someone help me, I'm having problems with Sigplus labels.

my labels.txt file is as follows:

Pic.jpg|example|this is an example

The .txt file is in the folder with the pictures and all the pictures are displaying correctly. I am using the module.

Thank you very much to anyone that can help.

hunyadi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by hunyadi » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:16 pm

Usually, people run into this issue when the way the file is called in the file system (e.g. all lowercase) and the way it is listed in labels.txt (e.g. first letter capitalized) do not match. Most server operating systems distinguish lowercase letters from uppercase letters, and they will not match pic.jpg with Pic.jpg. Of course, this is only a guess as to what the problem may be, it is difficult to tell what the solution could be from as much information as you put in here.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”