1.5.23 on php 5.3.8 - various Warnings: strtotime() .....!?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

1.5.23 on php 5.3.8 - various Warnings: strtotime() .....!?

Post by unleash_it » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:55 am

hello dear community,

first of all - i love Joomla -and i am a big admirer of this great community!!
What i have today: total strange ugly errors - running on 1.5.23 _ with php 5.3.8 - eg Warning: strtotime() [

i have ugly errors running on a demo-site:
strange ugly errors - running on 1.5.23 _ with php 5.3.8

installed: 1.5.23
PHP Version 5.3.8
see the site: linux-board.com
see some errors:

wat should i do?! Should i upgrade on the latest version or should i

- switch to another template
- switch off some extensions that may cause the errors

love to hear from you

see some errors:- at the site_ wwww.linux-board.com

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings.
You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function.
In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST'
instead in /home/vhost/WWW/linux-board.com/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php on line 56

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings.
You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function.
In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
in /home/vhost/WWW/linux-board.com/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php on line 198

i love to hear from you

greetings
jj
regards un-leash,
a big fan for ++ 11 years now: With Joomla you can easily create and extend your website: see the site, that offers you ideas & modules - extensions.joomla.org - it lists over 4000 extensions

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: 1.5.23 on php 5.3.8 - various Warnings: strtotime() ...

Post by unleash_it » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:28 pm

hello dear community.

does no one have some ideas that help here!`?

love to hear from you

greetings
regards un-leash,
a big fan for ++ 11 years now: With Joomla you can easily create and extend your website: see the site, that offers you ideas & modules - extensions.joomla.org - it lists over 4000 extensions

TrevorDurity
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by TrevorDurity » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi,

Those are just warnings. Why not just hide them by going into the Global Configuration, Server tab and set "Error Reporting" to none. If that doesn't work just put
php_value display_errors off
in your htaccess file.

That warning is common with 5.3 upwards.

Another way to fix is to set your timezone in your php.ini, i.e. date.timezone

Either way you can just hide the warning as it's nothing to worry about.

T

gbhills
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gbhills » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:29 pm

I am having the same issue.

I am running joomla 1.5.25 with php 5.3 and I am getting the following errors

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/www/mysite/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php on line 56

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/www/mysite/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php on line 198

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/www/mysite/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php on line 198

I turned off error reporting in Joomla and went into PHP.ini file and changed error reporting to off there as well as added the line to htacccess but still getting the errors.

If I were to set the time zone as it is commented out in the PHP.ini file - what zone do I use. Mine in Atlantic Canada or the California time zone where the server is.. And where do I find out what they are equal to... would Atlantic time Canada be Atlantic or -4 for example.

in advance thank you for your help :)

Gary

SpecjalistaSeo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SpecjalistaSeo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:57 pm

I have problems with my client site. Service Provider (hostersi.pl) decided to change PHP version from PHP 5.2.x to PHP 5.3.3.7. My client's live site included Joomla 1.5.23:
JoomFish + VirtueMart.

There were some Bugs like:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in: (many messages):

/administrator/components/com_joomfish/classes/JoomfishManager.class.php on line 230
/administrator/components/com_joomfish/classes/JoomfishManager.class.php on line 254
/administrator/components/com_joomfish/classes/JoomfishManager.class.php on line 263
+
/plugins/system/jfrouter.php on line 314
/plugins/system/jfrouter.php on line 315
/plugins/system/jfrouter.php on line 316
+
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/global.php on line 85
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/global.php on line 209
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/global.php on line 209
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/currency/convertECB.php on line 126
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_html.php on line 239
/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/exmenu.class.php on line 219
/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/factory.menuloader.class.php on line 27
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.basket_short.php on line 21
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new.
The Reason was in new PHP Version (PHP 5.3.3).
I had to make 2 steps:
-delete character & in some lines,
-change some classes name like:
ereg() - preg_match()
ereg_replace() - preg_replace()
ereg_replace() to preg_replace()
split() - preg_split()
and website started work fine;-)

I hope, it can be useful for other Guys;-)

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”