Problem related to sh404SEF URL optimization

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mgerber2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problem related to sh404SEF URL optimization

Post by mgerber2 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:44 pm

I'm on Joomla 1.5 and have sh404SEF 2.2.5.964.

I have a menu item linked to an external html file on our server.

I wanted to move that page to within joomla so I created an article by basically copying the html from the external file into the article.

I unpublished the link to the external web page and linked the article to the menu item.

The problem is when URL optimization is enabled when the meu item is clicked, it goes to the external html file. When URL optimization is disabled it goes to the article I created.

Obviously I need URL optimization to be on and have the click on the menu item take users to the new article.

Not sure what is wrong and what to do to correct this. I'm very new to Joomla, so any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

luis23045
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Problem related to sh404SEF URL optimization

Post by luis23045 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:23 am

1) Erase Joomla Cache
2) Erase browser Cache
3) Erase URLs saved inside the sh404sef URL Manager (Erase only the URL you want to modify. This not always applies specially because you are working on an External file, but take a look anyways)
4) Did you already contact sh404sef?
http://cmsteachings.com - Joomla Tips & Tutorials
http://ubrainmedia.com - My Joomla Company
My Joomla Advice is my personal experience. It does not means I am right or wrong. It just means that I work with Joomla in my own way and it works for me.

erine100
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Problem related to sh404SEF URL optimization

Post by erine100 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:21 am

good luck manImage

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”