Simple Image Gallery - doesn't work, only tag gets printed

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pierredz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Simple Image Gallery - doesn't work, only tag gets printed

Post by pierredz » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:03 am

Hi everyone,

I've done a lot of research before posting this, and I really couldn't find an answer, so I'd be very glad if anyone can help me.

I have a site that is at localhost now, and I have installed the SIG plugin in it, as well as the AllShare Video plugin (http://allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/using ... re-plugins). Both plugins use codes to show up content - like, {tag}content{/tag}

I enabled the SIG plugin correctly, and I've created the folder with the images. I've also verified if my PHP has the gd extension installed (extension=php_gd2.dll). But, even all being correct the image gallery doesn't show up, remaining in the page only the plugin code: {gallery}fotos{/gallery}

I've seen that other people had faced the same problem but in all posts I've read there were no answer done.

I'd really like to use that plugin, so if anyone can help, it will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Pierre

esfjoomla
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Simple Image Gallery - doesn't work, only tag gets print

Post by esfjoomla » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:17 am

Dear All,

I have the exact same problem!
Is there anyone who can help me? I need to publich a gallery on our company website, but when I use the code only the tag gets printed.

klowther
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by klowther » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi,

I just tried the plugin and it seems to work ok for me.

Make sure that the directory that you specify is valid.

For example, if you let the plugin parameter "Root folder for image galleries" default to images/stories and you specify {gallery}mygallery{/gallery} in your article, your images need to be in the images/stories/mygallery directory.

Hope that helps.

- Ken

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:41 pm

If you see the words {gallery} etc then thats because you have not enabled the plugin in the Joomla Plugin Manager
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

CorinaSwan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by CorinaSwan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 am

Hi
I have the same problem with a CSS gallery. i tried it all. sometimes it shows only the code on the webpage other times it says folder not found.
i made a folder, named it stories, made a sub folder named it meusac, in the root foler it says by default images/stories/ i added the folder and subfolder name which is stories/meusac the code looks like this wehn i add it to the code page {becssg}images/stories/stories/meusac{/becssg*}
i tried all kind of combination but nothing works.
Can anyone help please??

i found that but this is quite unclear for me
Only the code {becssg}folder{/becssg*} is shown - usage in module position

If the frontend shows the code - {becssg}folder{/becssg*} (without asterisk) - instead of the gallery, the first thing to do is to check if the plugin is activated. If it is and the problem persists, in most cases you are trying to display the gallery on a module position instead of the context of the main content.
Not all extensions, that offer to display custom content on a module position, are supporting the whole functionality of the Joomla! framework and with it the functions the plugin needs to work properly.
Up till now two extensions are reported to offer the needed functionality:

One is the module "Module: Content with Plugins", listed at extensions.joomla.org under "News Display" > "Articles Embed".
The other is the module "Plugin in Module", listed at extensions.joomla.org under "Core Enhancements" > "Embed & Include".
Last edited by CorinaSwan on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CorinaSwan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by CorinaSwan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:52 am

I'vo got it...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ignor all my questions it works....
if someone has the same problem, just leave the image root box as it is and in the code but your folders name and thats it.

Finally

mariourk
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mariourk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 am

I have the same problem with a website. I'm told it used to work, but suddenly stopped working. All is see are the tags {gallery}foldername{/gallery}, like the plugin isn't activated. Yet it is. The root is set to images and the images are located at /images/foldername

Joomla 2.5.9
SIG 2.2

Stranzinator
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Stranzinator » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:33 am

After trying all of your suggestions, and none of your suggestions working, I finally stumbled on the solution. I highlighted the entire line containing the tag and clicked the "remove formatting" icon. Apparently, there is something in the formatting that is confusing JFolder.

mumukate
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mumukate » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Stranzinator!...you are brillant!!! This was the problem - works perfectly now! THANKS!!!

farzamgh
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by farzamgh » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:40 am

hi
i insalled simple image gallery plugin . enabled it and check parameters and it is ok .
but in result shows only codes :
{gallery}products:::0:0{/gallery}
is there anyone to help me ?
thanks

agirelli
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by agirelli » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:35 pm

For what it's worth I was struggling with it just showing tags in plaintext and it ended up being that the path was case sensitive. Just my $.02

Jacques_1147
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Jacques_1147 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:44 am

Hi, guys I also had this issue but I solved it. My error was trying to place the code in a custom HTML which would give me the text no matter what I did, so I copied the {gallery} tag into an article and created a new module of that single article and my images displayed. Felt I had to share this. Hope it helps.

pietka
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pietka » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:49 pm

When installing manually (via ftp) remember to put files in ../plugins/content, otherwise you may experience same issue.

bonesT
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bonesT » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:50 pm

When u try to use simple gallery on html module, you must check prepare content button, and it works. hope it helps.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”