JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "<host>" on port 21

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
joebednarz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "<host>" on port 21

Post by joebednarz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Hello all,

I'm an experienced admin, but rather new to Joomla, so forgive me if the problem I'm experiencing is too simple for the forum.

So I'm using Joomla! 1.5 on a website I've taken over the administration. I started noticing we had problems with a form we have visitors fill out that wasn't mailing to our staff properly. Anyway, as I have tried various fixes, one thing I am not able to do is update the General Configuration area, and I typically see the same error in other areas of the site. I imagine if I can get the Config page working, all the others will be fine too.

Anyway, the error I'm seeing is the one in the subject line:

JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "ftp.lovingcarehealth.com" on port 21

I've got a Firezilla connection set up and I know the hostname, port, username, and password all work fine, it is just that from within Joomla! there appears to be a problem. The Config page even will say I have updated the settings, but when I go back to the page, the settings are still the same. I've attached a screen snippet.

Anyone have an idea what I could try to fix the problem?

Thanks for your time.

-Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "<host>" on por

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Disable the FTP option. It's normally off. Only used for some badly configured host servers as a workaround.

joebednarz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "<host>" on por

Post by joebednarz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:11 am

That worked, thanks.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”