Hi - not sure if you're still after the answer to this, but I've just spent the past few days searching for the answer and finally decided to have a go at working it out. I'm pleased to say I managed to crack it and I've now got iTunes pointing to my Feedburner URL Steps:
1) Locate the view.raw.php file, commonly found in the /www/components/com_podcast/views/feed folder and download a copy (in case your changes don't work!)
2) Edit the file and add the following line between the chanel and atom:link elements:
$xw->startElement('channel'); $xw->writeElement('itunes:new-feed-url', 'http://feeds.feedburner.com/<YourFeed>');
so that it completes you Feedburner URL. In my instance the full URL is http://feeds.feedburner.com/LifespringW ... tonPodcast
3) Upload the modified view.raw.php file to your site
4) To test the changes, open your existing iTunes podcast link in Internet Explorer and view the source. You should see the new itunes:new-feed-url element in the XML
5) Once you're happy that the XML is correct, ping your iTunes Podcast to force the URL update. To do this, update the following URL and open in an internet browser:https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZF ... odcast?id=
Change <YourPodcastID> with the ID allocated when you first submitted your Podcast. If you don't know what this is, open the iTunes Store and search for your Podcast. When you've found right-click it and select Copy Link
. This will include your ID at the end. Tag the numbers (not the letters id) onto the end of the above URL
6) If you've got it right, you'll see a web page titled Podcast Ping Received
. This should show your current URL but means that iTunes will have picked up the fact you want to change it.
7) After a little while, around 30 mins in my case, if you refresh the Podcast Ping URL you should see that the Podcast Feed URL has been updated
I hope that makes sense and it helps anyone who is trying to utlise the excellent Joomla Podcast Suite but also wants to (retrospectively) push the feed through Feedburner so that you can get some stats from your subscribers.