RE: PHP Fetal after uploading site from localhost

allendover1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

RE: PHP Fetal after uploading site from localhost

Post by allendover1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:41 pm

I have spent some time building this site on my local host computer. I know you change the coding from C:\localhost\whatever to your live server directory settings - to my knowledge I have done this, but could have messed up.

I have gotten the DB fully up and the new site uploaded and I can't get anything at all - I am TOTALLY confused, as I have done this before with no problems and now NO CLUE!!!. Please I don't like begging but I really could use a friendly tip here.

The site is http://www.lakotawildlife.com and it just comes up with Fetal PHP - white on front and back end both.

Here is my error logs off the server for this domain name:

Code: Select all

[Fri Jun 13 17:44:55 2008] [error] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/lakotawildlife/public_html/includes/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/lakota/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 71
[Fri Jun 13 17:44:55 2008] [error] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/lakotawildlife/public_html/includes/version.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lakota/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 71
PLEASE any helpful hints, tips or advice would be so much appreciated at this moment, way more than you could know.
Allen :(

allendover1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: RE: PHP Fetal after uploading site from localhost

Post by allendover1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:24 pm

Please - I KNOW someone out here in Joomla land here can see this issue as very easy to fix - I am just a beginner at programming, VERY BEGINNER, sad uh?

I have replaced the joomla.php & version.php files and still just fetal php white page. I have no clue how to fix this and I have to get it fixed fast, PLEASE anyone???

I usually don't beg but about ready to start now - Just some hints or tips on what it could be please.

ANYONE??? Please?

Allen :-[

allendover1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by allendover1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:21 am

17 views and still no Guru offering just a tip or hint... It is hard to take time to help someone else, trust me I know.

PLEASE out of 17 people here viewing or has viewed, someone could have given me a bone to at least follow to try and fix it.

Please ANYONE, I can't fix this one, really stuck. Any help??? Please???

allendover1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by allendover1 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:56 pm

Thanks EVERYONE for replying... I found the error (s)... It was the coding I did from Wamp LocalHost to the live server... I put in web addresses for all instead of direct addresses for some areas...

http://www.websitename.com/whatever

instead of

/home/domainname/public_html/

Made a huge difference.

All the support was overwhelming though. Just kidding around - but it did shock me no one really even tried to help.

Thanks anyway.

Allen

Return to “Joombie Coding Q/A”