Template Contest Entry - [siteground]

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
dereki
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Template Contest Entry - [siteground]

Post by dereki » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:05 pm

Hello, i love the template!
I have a question, i want to have the same curvy effect on the modules i position on the right. When i position a module (ex poll) on the left it has the curvy effect like the menu has, but when i put it on the right it has nothing.
Thank you in advance for your response!

hehehe00
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hehehe00 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:32 pm

html\mod_search\default.php on line 8

how to fix this error?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3522/errorlv3.jpg

isaacshaven
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by isaacshaven » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:22 am

dereki wrote: Hello, i love the template!
I have a question, i want to have the same curvy effect on the modules i position on the right. When i position a module (ex poll) on the left it has the curvy effect like the menu has, but when i put it on the right it has nothing.
When I create my own menu like the main menus, other menu, it does not have the curvy effect at all either. You can see it at http://www.pawstastic.com, the one I created is pets informations, it is just plain boring. How can I fix that.

limitsizim
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by limitsizim » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:23 am

nice templates . thanks..

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:00 pm

I know I keep asking a thousand questions (sorry I'm a newbie still!) but maybe someone can help me out with this one:

The only way I've found to change the logo that displays at the top is to delete the joomla_logo.png file in the images file and replace it with my own banner that has to have that same name because I can't find in the css files where that piece of code is located that deals with the logo.  I've found the background image and various other images, but not that one.  I've been looking in the template.css file, the topmenu.css, the general_bg.css... I don't know where else to look for this.  I know it doesn't matter in the end result but little things like this drive me nuts and I really want to change it.  Can anyone clue me in?

isaacshaven
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by isaacshaven » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:38 pm

Yes it has to be the same name that you deleted. It only reads it that way.

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:53 pm

But that *can't* be the only way to do it. That'd be dumb.  That's a temporary way to do it until one figures out the real way to do it which is to go into the css files and edit that line that tells the thing to look for the image labed such-n-such in the images directory of the template's folder.  That's what I'm asking.  Where is the css line that deals with the logo image?

newseed
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by newseed » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:20 pm

lividsnails wrote: But that *can't* be the only way to do it. That'd be dumb.  That's a temporary way to do it until one figures out the real way to do it which is to go into the css files and edit that line that tells the thing to look for the image labed such-n-such in the images directory of the template's folder.  That's what I'm asking.  Where is the css line that deals with the logo image?
The background is coded in the CSS file but the logo image itself is coded in the template's index.php file. Here's the line of code from that file:

baseurl?>/templates/template ?>/images//joomla_logo.png" alt="" title="" />

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:47 pm

yay! thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! :-*

LievenL
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by LievenL » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:14 am

Very nice, only problem I have is the menu, whenever I turn Cascading Top Menu on I get an empty page. Top menu is set to user 4, flat list etc, can't find what's missing.

dArt85
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dArt85 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:22 pm

did cascade  menu work. When i enable it in parameters I am getting following error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getItems() on a non-object in /home/vienamgale/domains/site.com/public_html/j15s/templates/siteground/sg_menus/SGMenu.php on line 87

Hogne
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Hogne » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Hello!

I have successfully upgraded to 1.5 stable and I am using this template.

But now the search module won't show up when published to user3. It should show up on the same line/row as the main menu - above the right modules.

Please see http://osdl.no for reference.
Last edited by Hogne on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dArt85
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dArt85 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:18 am

Hogne wrote: Hello!

But now the search module won't show up when published to user3. It should show up on the same line/row as the main menu - above the right modules.

Same here. It won't work correct in any position. Defaul i think should be user 4.

mj3clark
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mj3clark » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:21 am

dArt85 wrote:
Hogne wrote: Hello!

Same here. It won't work correct in any position. Defaul i think should be user 4.
Hi, had the same problem. Fixed by copying modules/mod_search/tmpl/default.php to templates/siteground/html/mod_search/default.php. then add a container around the form code.

all is well again.

petek157
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by petek157 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:25 am

isaacshaven wrote:
dereki wrote: Hello, i love the template!
When I create my own menu like the main menus, other menu, it does not have the curvy effect at all either. You can see it at http://www.pawstastic.com, the one I created is pets informations, it is just plain boring. How can I fix that.
I am having this same issue.  I tried adding an additional menu to the left side and rather then having the nice design that the default menus have it is also just plain text menu title with the one link that I have also as plain text.  Everything works fine it just doesnt look like the other items.  Does anyone have the answer to this, I am sure that I am just missing something, but need help.  Thanks in advance.

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Has anyone figured out anything with the polls yet?... I still get "invalid XML data" when I click on the results page....

Someone said they resolved the issue by removing an ampersand (&) symbol in their questions (!) but I don't have any punctuation in mine at all. 

As far as I'm concerned the polls are just entirely unusable with this template.

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:58 pm

Also here is a small thing I would like to figure out.  I want the createdate of the article to be on the right instead of on the left so I looked in the template.css file and found this:

.createdate {
height: 20px;
vertical-align: top;
font-size: .90em;
color: #999;
font-weight: normal;
padding-bottom: 5px;
padding-top: 0px;

...which doesn't give an option for horizontal alignment.  How would I change something like this?

Waseem Sadiq
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Waseem Sadiq » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:13 pm

to align left or right just add a float :)

ie:

Code: Select all

.createdate 
{
   height: 20px;
   font-size: .90em;
   color: #999;
   font-weight: normal;
   padding-bottom: 5px;
   padding-top: 0px;
   float:right;
}
http://www.bulletprooftemplates.com/ - Joomla Templates and Consultancy

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:19 pm

Waseem Sadiq wrote: to align left or right just add a float :)

oh!  brilliant!  I love it when things are easy!  thanks for the quick reply Waseem! :-*
Last edited by lividsnails on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stando001
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by stando001 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:41 pm

mj3clark wrote:
dArt85 wrote: Same here. It won't work correct in any position. Defaul i think should be user 4.
Hi, had the same problem. Fixed by copying modules/mod_search/tmpl/default.php to templates/siteground/html/mod_search/default.php. then add a container around the form code.

all is well again.
i have done this ... but the search field keeps floating around and i cant change it parameters. is there another way? i saw that here: http://joomla15.siteground.com/ it works as it should but the newest official download doesnt represents the "promo" site. a reply from siteground didnt came

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:08 am

I had that problem too with the search disappearing but I ended up installing an AJAX search module so it turned out to be a handy work around.  The search is still there --the AJAX one works with it and you can link to it off a menu-- it's just invisible for some reason.  I know this doesn't fix it but it could work around it until you do fix it.  (besides the Ajax search is pretty cool too).  Here's the link for it.PixSearch
Last edited by lividsnails on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:53 pm

Can anyone tell me how to delete the right hand column on certain pages.  I thought it would just go away if I didn't have any modules there but it doesn't.  It just stays a big empty column.

I don't know if I should look for the solution within the template or within joomla itself.

Waseem Sadiq
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Waseem Sadiq » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:54 am

Hi Livi,

You need to have Joomla! conditional code wrapped around the right column in your template's index.php file (as well as suitable css code to expand the centre column when the right column isn't present.

If you want to learn how this is done you could do worse than download a copy of my blank Joomla! 1.5 template - although I've not had time to write up the docs yet, if you have even a little experience with php/xhmtl/css then you should be able to work out how it's done.

You can grab a copy either from the Simply Joomla link in my sig or from the Joomla! 1.5 template's board on the form, here's the link:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,203166.0.html

Hope this helps,

Waseem
http://www.bulletprooftemplates.com/ - Joomla Templates and Consultancy

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks Waseem I got it now.  The template's actually already set up to collapse the columns it's just that I had a module there I didn't realize because it was not enabled. 

I do have your blank template, though.  Thanks!  I'm going to use it to learn how to build my own one day.  I'd like to create a tableless one because I hear that readers for the visually impaired can read tableless templates better.  One of my bosses is blind so this would really help her out!

Anyway thanks for the help!

Fluidetom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Fluidetom » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:37 pm

regarding the error when enabling cascading menu, I've found on this forum (http://forum.siteground.com/showthread.php?p=14888) the answer to my problem.
it seems there's an error in the code of the file /templates/siteground/sg_menus/SGMenu.php

change the following text on line 83 from:

$menu = @JMenu :: getInstance();
to:

$menu = JSite :: getMenu();
I did that and the cascading menus are now ok for me.
AirLibre.be - Donner au lieu de jeter!

Fluidetom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Fluidetom » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:02 pm

crazy stuff, I just reinstalled Joomla 1.5.1 from scratch
I juts logged in, installed the template siteground and now I get another error message

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /www/[i]xxxx[/i]/templates/siteground/sg_menus/SGMenu.php on line 87
even thought I did the correction I've mentionned above... grrrr
AirLibre.be - Donner au lieu de jeter!

bodmin636
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bodmin636 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:04 pm

I am getting the xml data error with the polls.
Can we have a way of disabling the flash charts and just have the standard joomla results?
Have spent a lot of time playing with this and cant figure it out.

Daniel Tulp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Daniel Tulp » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:03 am

stando001 wrote: i have done this ... but the search field keeps floating around and i cant change it parameters. is there another way? i saw that here: http://joomla15.siteground.com/ it works as it should but the newest official download doesnt represents the "promo" site. a reply from siteground didnt came
try replacing line 8

with:

echo '<input name="searchword" id="mod_search_searchword" maxlength="20" alt="'.$params->get("button_text").'" class="inputbox'.$params->get("moduleclass_sfx").'" type="text" size="'.$params->get("width").'" value="'.$params->get("text").'" onblur="if(this.value==\'\') this.value=\''.$params->get("text").'\';" onfocus="if(this.value==\''.$params->get("text").'\') this.value=\'\';" />';

bodmin636
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bodmin636 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Does anyone have any idea about solving the xml data problem with the polls?

Seems support for this template has stoped now the comp is finished :(

abacotc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by abacotc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:31 pm

I am having the same problem with the Polls not working They are showing the same invalid XML. I have been on Sitegrounds forum. they said to change to PHP5. I am running php 5. Then they said to contact my host. I did Here is my question and the reply
I am using Joomla 1.5.1 with php5.0 on my website
http://www.mywebsite.com (under my business package) I am getting the following error when you click on Poll>vote or Poll>Results
> Invalid XML
> " /> " quality="high" width="450" height="300" name="myNext"
wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
>
> I have been told by the template company that this is a server error.

"With the said error, there are missing charcters that makes the code incomplete and not working. And for this, since this is a third party application, it would be very difficult and will take long to trace the codes. Kindly contact joomla about the said code.
MailType=Form-Mail
> MailTypeFlag=Begin
> KundeID=###### (these are numbers)
> VertragID=##### (these are numbers)
> TopicPath=ustechnical;others
> MailTypeFlag=End "

Can anyone figure this out. There are other people on this Siteground forum post who are having the same issue. Does Siteground monitor this Forum? If so give us a clue as to why this is happening

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”