Template Contest Entry - [siteground]

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
Hils
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Template Contest Entry - [siteground]

Post by Hils » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:24 pm

abacotc wrote:I am having the same problem with the Polls not working They are showing the same invalid XML. I have been on Sitegrounds forum. they said to change to PHP5. I am running php 5. Then they said to contact my host. I did Here is my question and the reply
I am using Joomla 1.5.1 with php5.0 on my website
http://www.mywebsite.com (under my business package) I am getting the following error when you click on Poll>vote or Poll>Results
> Invalid XML
> " /> " quality="high" width="450" height="300" name="myNext"
wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
>
this is from the template demo - is there something missing at the beginning of your quoted script perhaps?

Code: Select all

/></graph>" quality="high" width="450" height="300" name="myNext" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
	</object>
Founder Member of OpenTranslators & Joomla Community Member
https://twitter.com/HilsCheyne

abacotc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by abacotc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:39 pm

Dear Hils What do you mean change the template code? I am not a programmer and am not quite sure what you mean. I have not edited the template in any way. Can you be more specific

Thanks in advance

vastephan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by vastephan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:13 pm

I was getting the same error for the polls. I tried another template (I use siteground as well) and it worked. I have checked another website using siteground where the polls where working. The problems comes of the way the results for the polls are displayed. With the other template I tried (where it worked), the results were displayed as histograms. The problem with siteground is that they display results in a pie chart. The possible answers to my poll questions were too long to fit around that pie chart. Now that I use shorter answers (like yes, no etc.) the polls work properly.
Still it would be convenient to be able to propose any kind of answer... Does anyone know how to change the css or php to modify the way results are displayed?

vastephan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by vastephan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:19 pm

I can now reply to myself...

In fact in the parameters of the template you can choose the pollstyle. Just change the default pie chart into a bar style... It should work!

Epox
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Epox » Sun May 04, 2008 6:15 pm

About the issue with the polls... "invalid XML data"...

I am having it also.
I migrated over and already had a bunch of older polls...
Some of them work. Some of them don't.

I haven't sat down to try to figure out the common denominator between the ones that work vs. the ones that don't work. But this is crazy. Is there a way to kinda switch back to the normal poll display system? Whatever it was in Joomla 1.0 or something? Maybe import/copy over a poll display from another template that actually WORKS?

I like the theme but I've been working with it all day (equivalent) to get everything to work properly and look ok and I'm not even sure I'm going to use it full time LOL!!

If you would like to see my issue for yourself, visit the link below. You will notice the default poll generates result output fine, but some others don't and I dont understand why (yet):
http://www.teen-moods.net/index.php?opt ... o-you-have

Thanks!

Epox
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Epox » Mon May 05, 2008 9:58 pm

UPDATE:

Hi friends.

Today I decided to investigate this poll problem... the "invalid XML data" error.
This is what I found...

After going through and noticing the differences between the polls which did work and the ones which did not I figured out that the software for the poll results display does not like any ' (single quotation marks) or & (ampersands) to be in ANY of the title OR options fields -- even if you attempt the escape these characters out it still does not like this and will result in only an error being displayed when attempting to view poll results.

Possible short term countermeasure:
Remove all ' (single quotation marks) and & (ampersands) from polls which give the "invalid XML data" error.

Long term countermeasure:
Coding the poll result display software in such a way it is able to successfully deliver results even when possibly conflicting characters are entered into the the various poll strings.

Let me know if this helps but it allowed all of my existing problematic polls to once again be fully functional.

mynd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mynd » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:01 pm

Hello there,

I have contacted SiteGround about this, but unfortunately there is no one to talk to or message unless you host there. I am sure there is a simple fix for this but since I don't really know where to start without destroying my site I was hoping someone at SITEGROUND or here could help me out. The reason I posted here is so that siteground has a chance of seeing it.

I am using this template on my site:

http://joomla15.siteground.com/?templat ... und-j15-44

Nice template but does have a couple small issues " Out Of The Box ". Let me explain. As you can see ( on your site or in this photo ) the distance that the text is from the right hand column and the left hand column is off a few pixels. NO BIGGIE.

However, on this results page of the poll the outcome is NOT the same

and unfortunately when you add a new extension that creates a new page, instead of it being formatted like the news it formats itself like the poll results

I am REALLY hoping that someone can help me add the space needed to align the first and middle columns properly for anything done in the site WITHOUT messing up the template for IE. I don't want to just fix those two pages. I want to fix any page that is added through extension or whatever to be formatted properly on its own.

I am really hoping that someone can point me in the proper direction in adding some cellpadding or spacing to the code some place so that it works properly. I would REALLY appreciate the help.

Thanks for any and all advice or suggestions.. I am praying for some good responses.
Kind regards,
mynd

http://www.saxamo.com

boomshot
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by boomshot » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:59 am

Hello, I know this is an old posting, but i cant find much info on this.
Please help, I really like this template, but I can not figure out how to replace the default "site name" for a logo.
I have tried editing the css and html in Joomla to no avail.
Also, did SEF urls get fixed? - it seems to break the site if I enable.

Thanks so much.

-T

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”