Template Contest Entry - [siteground]

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
aturetta
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Template Contest Entry - [siteground]

Post by aturetta » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:25 pm

itscasper wrote: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1517497 bytes) in C:\Users\Robin\wamp\joomla\libraries\joomla\filesystem\archive\zip.php on line 285
This is a common problem with apache/php5 in Windows.
Please find the php.ini file inside WAMP, and change the line:

Code: Select all

memory_limit = 8M
to

memory_limit = 32M
Angelo Turetta
Modena - Italy

itscasper
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by itscasper » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:08 pm

aturetta wrote: This is a common problem with apache/php5 in Windows.
Please find the php.ini file inside WAMP, and change the line:

memory_limit = 8M
to

memory_limit = 32M
Thank you Angelo, that fixed the problem.

dcmasta
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dcmasta » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:52 pm

I'm unable to install. Running Joomla 1.5 through my webhost and i get these errors

Upload template - Upload Failed 
ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package. 
[ Continue ... ] 
Upload template - Failed 
Installation file not found:
/home/******/public_html/media/install_4756d5a4c8f8d/siteground/ 
[ Continue ... ] 

New to joomla, anyone have any ideas?

dereque
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by dereque » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:46 pm

dcmasta wrote: I'm unable to install. Running Joomla 1.5 through my webhost and i get these errors

Upload template - Upload Failed 
ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package. 
[ Continue ... ] 
Upload template - Failed 
Installation file not found:
/home/******/public_html/media/install_4756d5a4c8f8d/siteground/ 
[ Continue ... ] 

New to joomla, anyone have any ideas?
Delete the setup package that you have and download again. Your zip file is corrupted.
Open Source Really Matters !!!

louea
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by louea » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Actually the most stable with all my stuff.
No one bug.

Design need just lot of work to be "mod", but the dev is excellent, great job.

Thank you.

smood
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by smood » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:09 pm

I have a very strange problem with Siteground. I have uploaded it and set it up and it seemed to work fine in Opera.. however when I viewed it in IE6 the content of the site is all shifted down. :(

http://www.diabolicaldesign.net/mugenwars/

I have not really changed anything significant. This is a fresh Joomla 1.5 install and so I just put this template on and started to test the Joomla settings, I edited one news item and thats it. Does anyone know why the site layout is broken? I also tried to switch to a medium width and a float but both had the same problem in IE 6.

Siteground's nighttime demo works perfectly in IE 6 so I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks!

dallen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dallen » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:23 pm

smood wrote: I have a very strange problem with Siteground. I have uploaded it and set it up and it seemed to work fine in Opera.. however when I viewed it in IE6 the content of the site is all shifted down. :(

http://www.diabolicaldesign.net/mugenwars/

I have not really changed anything significant. This is a fresh Joomla 1.5 install and so I just put this template on and started to test the Joomla settings, I edited one news item and thats it. Does anyone know why the site layout is broken? I also tried to switch to a medium width and a float but both had the same problem in IE 6.

Siteground's nighttime demo works perfectly in IE 6 so I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks!
I just took a quick look at http://www.diabolicaldesign.net/mugenwars/ with IE7 and everything looked "normal" except there are missing images for next and previous for the newsflash on the bottom. The control panel is missing so from the corner so I couldn't play with the different widths or styles. But other than those missing images it looks good on IE7 for me. FireFox looks good to me as well. Same problems with the missing images for the newsfeed.

Oh wait, just noticed that the poll on the homepage shows "vote" over "results" instead of side by side... same in FireFox 2.0.0.11. On other pages it displays correctly, but not on the home page... at least for me anyways.

smood
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by smood » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:37 pm

Hey thanks for taking a look. I renabled the control panel but it doesn't seem to work. When you change an option you get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/diablo/public_html/mugenwars/templates/siteground/setParam.php on line 1

I'm not sure what the problem is. :( I was also wondering (kinda unrelated but I'll ask it) how Joomla decides what news item on the frontpage takes up the whole width versus part of the wdith. Going through all the options I could see no variable to specify the position.

Also I have no idea why the previous and next buttons are displayed at the bottom. I confirmed they are present on my FTP server and I reuploaded them to make sure.

Also I had the following message during the Sys Reqs part of the installation and I didn't do anything about it because I didn't know what it was referring to. However I don't think this is the problem because the default template seems to work fine. This was the message.

configuration.php Writable No

You can still continue the installation as the configuration will be displayed at the end, just Copy & Paste this into a new PHP file and upload it to the site root directory.
Last edited by smood on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zone15
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by zone15 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:42 pm

did you get this problem resolved on your site?  I'm having this same problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

thanks,
erik

chrish wrote: Ummm, just trying to get an answer to my question below. Anybody know why new polls do not work. I can see in the backend that the selection and submit button work but the output doesn't. See below for more details. Thanks.

Chris
chrish wrote: Hi there,

Great looking template. Like the winter. Have a question about the poll. I can't seem to get the flash pie chart to work on a new poll. Keeps saying Invalid Xml Data.

I found curious differences in the code each poll put out on the results pages.

On the original poll that works properly:

" />

" quality="high" width="300" height="300" name="myNext" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

And on the new poll that does not work properly:

" />

" quality="high" width="600" height="300" name="myNext" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I don't understand why it's pushing me to FCF_Column3D.swf  when the setting in the template is the pie chart.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

smood
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by smood » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:32 pm

Chris I don't know what happened but all of a sudden its working in IE6 now (ie. website content not all shifted down). Although I did change the front page layout somewhat, I don't know if thats what fixed it.

Also my control panel doesn't work at  all. When you click on it and try to change the site width it just gives you an error as I posted above.

chrish
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chrish » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:01 am

Hi Eric,

A couple of pages (bottom of 4 and top of 5) back it they mentioned that this (something like this) was fixed in the latest version but I couldn't get it going. Let me know if you have any luck.

Chris
zone15 wrote: did you get this problem resolved on your site?  I'm having this same problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

thanks,
erik

chrish wrote: Ummm, just trying to get an answer to my question below. Anybody know why new polls do not work. I can see in the backend that the selection and submit button work but the output doesn't. See below for more details. Thanks.

Chris
chrish wrote: Hi there,

Great looking template. Like the winter. Have a question about the poll. I can't seem to get the flash pie chart to work on a new poll. Keeps saying Invalid Xml Data.

I found curious differences in the code each poll put out on the results pages.

On the original poll that works properly:

" />

" quality="high" width="300" height="300" name="myNext" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

And on the new poll that does not work properly:

" />

" quality="high" width="600" height="300" name="myNext" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I don't understand why it's pushing me to FCF_Column3D.swf  when the setting in the template is the pie chart.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

neujensl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by neujensl » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:00 am

i like this template a lot ... actually editing it at the moment for a site
only have a problem when i try to put a wrapper in the topmenu ...
I get the message the url isn't valid and can't be loaded..
On the menu on the left ( actually the same) the link to the forum is ok ...
I did see that the itemid did get lost in the topmenu ...
A bug in the template or did i misconfigure something in the settings of the template ?
i'm rather new at joomla

http://www.aquariumgids.be/joomla15

link forum on menu at the left: http://www.aquariumgids.be/joomla15/ind ... &Itemid=33
link on topmenu :                  http://www.aquariumgids.be/joomla15/ind ... ew=wrapper

it seems 1 parameter is missing ... don't know how to fix ...

thanks for looking at it !

snowclatter
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by snowclatter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:20 am

I am modifying the language of this template into Chinese. When I changed the index.php into UTF-8 encoded file, the page looked well in Firefox, but the font size were enlarged. If I change the index.php back into ANSI file, the fontsize is OK but Chinese can not be displayed.

The test page is http://hiword.net.

Thank you very much!

guitarded
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by guitarded » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:08 pm

I'm getting this error with the cascading top menu turned on:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getItems() on a non-object in
/templates/siteground/sg_menus/SGMenu.php on line 87
I'm using the latest zip file.
Last edited by guitarded on Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smood
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by smood » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:55 am

I searched but couldn't find an answer. I was wondering how I can remove the small siteground message at the bottom of the template: "Designed by SiteGround Web Hosting Valid XHTML and CSS."

Thanks!

desoto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by desoto » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:59 am

In the template manager click on siteground. When the template opens on the top right hand side click on edit HTML. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the HTML code. Remove it and click save.

smood
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by smood » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:01 am

desoto wrote: In the template manager click on siteground. When the template opens on the top right hand side click on edit HTML. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the HTML code. Remove it and click save.
Thanks!

desoto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by desoto » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:03 am

smood wrote:
desoto wrote: In the template manager click on siteground. When the template opens on the top right hand side click on edit HTML. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the HTML code. Remove it and click save.
Thanks!
You are welcome.

Have a great day.

latino
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by latino » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:31 pm

Hi All:

Nice template, IMO the best.  I have two errors:

One ralted with:
Cascading Top Menu   No  Yes

If set to YES, it triggers a FATAL error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getItems() on a non-object in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs2/site/templates/siteground/sg_menus/SGMenu.php on line 87

This makes that setting useless...

Also, at the admin console I am getting this one:
The Parameter-File /templates/siteground/params.ini is Unwritable!

I have chmod 777 the params.ini file but the message stills however, settings are updated. So I guess the problem is with the routine that check file permissions.

I hope a fix for these will be available soon...

???

simoon
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by simoon » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:26 pm

Very beautiful template, I will stick with it.

The problem I face are
1. At night mode, white color show through around my text logo.
2. There is a white rectangle with the text "Position" on top right corner.

Screenshoot location: http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... undsv4.jpg
Server: Ubuntu 7.04 server LAMP
Viewer: Firefox 2.0.0.11
Joomla 1.5 RC4 Plain install (without example article)
Siteground latest as of Dec 30
Screen Resolution at 1024 X 768
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dArt85
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dArt85 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:28 am

simoon wrote: Very beautiful template, I will stick with it.

The problem I face are
1. At night mode, white color show through around my text logo.
For me it looks like it is problem with your logo's tranparency.

simoon
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by simoon » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:39 pm

dArt85,

The logo is text, I input it in the "Site Title" option of the template.

uptonm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by uptonm » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:58 am

Hi, just checking to see if collapsing content works yet. I have all of the side menus disabled, and I am only using the top menus. In internet exploder 6 or 7, content does not collapse. It works fine in firefox. I believe i am using the latest version of the template. Thank you.

ghanlon
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ghanlon » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:11 am

First off, I love this Template. It's fast mu favorite.

I would like to know if it is posible in the admin section or somewhere to be able to turn off SHOW TITLE, and turn on SHOW SLOGAN?

I can set the admin that way but without the Site Title set to on the Slogan will not show.

George

ghanlon
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ghanlon » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:10 am

As to the above issue I also got this and then discovered I had an "&" in one of my questions.
basically i was using an invalid charactor in a question throwing the xml error.  removed it an all is good.

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:32 pm

I just downloaded this template and I love it.  I love the control panel settings at the top (it allows my boss to resize it small enough to fit within his low screen resolution display of 800x600).  The only problem I'm having is that that articles are not displaying.  The middle content window displays only newsflashes and even though there are links to the latest and most popular in the top, when one clicks on them they also display only newsflashes.  All the articles are gone for some reason.  Can anyone help me out?

*Edit* Nevermind!  "Component output" should be set to "yes", not the default "no" (I don't really understand why such a thing is useful (i.e. to not have the component output set to "yes" so that none of your content shows but whatever...)
Last edited by lividsnails on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:46 pm

I also get "invalid XML data" on the poll...

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 pm

And I can't edit the CSS files at all!  Is this not permitted?  How would I upload a new logo then?  Or even change the colors of the headers?  I'm sorry if I'm missing something totally obvious here (I've very very new to all things joomla) but I'm able to chmod the file permissions to 777 for the other templates I have but not for this one. It says "The Parameter-File /templates/siteground/params.ini is Unwritable!"  Can anyone help me out?

For other folks who might have the same problem: I eventually figured out that I could only modify the template using JoomlaXplorer.  I usually go through the cpanel on my host but that doesn't work for this for some reason.  Using JoomlaXplorer though I can change the permissions and everything just fine.
Last edited by lividsnails on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

isaacshaven
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by isaacshaven » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:37 am

I love the template, very cheerful, colorful and bright.

I have one question. Is there away that I can have the newsflash shown on the top of the page instead of the bottom. it is already set to top, but it shows up in the bottom of the page.

reliants
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by reliants » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:40 am

Downloaded and installed to my siteground domain. My control panel is not working. I get a "Toggle Control Not Defined Error" and a "Error in parsing value for property 'display'. Declaration dropped." Maybe my FTP missed something when it disconnected??

Also, assuming I get it fixed is there a way to make the control panel more visible or always displayed?

Great job on the template!

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”