Template Contest Entry - [JA Purity]

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
zigmat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Template Contest Entry - [JA Purity]

Post by zigmat » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:41 pm

Sorry for my bad english... Theme doesent have any module position option... only  left and then blank space... Image

I think, its becouse i use ru-RU lang. instead of en-GB... But with default themes all is ok!

JoomlArt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JoomlArt » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:20 pm

Thank you for letting us know all of the bugs. There will be an updated version of the template within this week

zigmat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by zigmat » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:15 pm

We do it, becouse your theme is best of the best!!!

BaldrickThe4th
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by BaldrickThe4th » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi JoomlArt

Hope together we can all make this the best template ever!!! (Personal opinion!)

Sorry, but I've found another issue. If you shrink the width of the browser a scrollbar will appear across the bottom. If you drag the scroll handle to the right, a white line appears above the menu on the right hand side. Also is you continue to shrink the width of the browser a white gap appears after the logo an before the fade area. Hopefully this can be seen from the image attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xmargin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by xmargin » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:59 am

I really like this template, but the code seems too complex for nubie like me :(
Easy to use,  hard to learn
Last edited by xmargin on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

mediamagnate
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by mediamagnate » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:20 am

zigmat wrote: Sorry for my bad english... Theme doesent have any module position option... only  left and then blank space... Image

I think, its becouse i use ru-RU lang. instead of en-GB... But with default themes all is ok!
look at the milkyway template templateDetails.xml (see below)

left
right
user1
user2
user3
user4
footer
debug
syndicate

You'll probably find that Purity is missing these.
Joomla is a project, not a product! www.nooku.org

zigmat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by zigmat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:54 am

Yeap! I dont find there any position... Can i just wrote it there?

mediamagnate
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by mediamagnate » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:57 am

zigmat wrote: Yeap! I dont find there any position... Can i just wrote it there?
Yes!

Try inserting these positions into your Purity templateDetails.xml file which is inside your template folder.

left
right
user1
user2
user3
user4
footer
debug
syndicate
Joomla is a project, not a product! www.nooku.org

miss.marple
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by miss.marple » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:58 pm

There is a workaround ... you can just type a new module position inside the dropdown field
Sounds strange but it works!

bilbao22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bilbao22 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:54 pm

JA Purity. Great Template.

Another small issue with this template. When you publish a list of contacts, there is no separation between the automatically generated number and the contact. It shows like:

1Renata Refero ---
2Antonio Retana, ---
and so on.

This does not happen with other templates. A dot or just one blank space should be enough to fix it.

JoomlArt People, thanks for the great work!!

MuffinDCC
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MuffinDCC » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:01 pm

BaldrickThe4th wrote: Hi JoomlArt

Hope together we can all make this the best template ever!!! (Personal opinion!)

Sorry, but I've found another issue. If you shrink the width of the browser a scrollbar will appear across the bottom. If you drag the scroll handle to the right, a white line appears above the menu on the right hand side. Also is you continue to shrink the width of the browser a white gap appears after the logo an before the fade area. Hopefully this can be seen from the image attached.
You can normally fix this by adding to template_css.css
body {
min-width: 1000px;
}

javcafe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javcafe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi all,
Thank you very much for your report of the template's bugs. We have try to fix all the reported bugs and issues. Please find list of bugs are fixed and the bugs we cannot duplicate below.

NOTE: The template is tested with SVN version 9119. You must download the nightly build (http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/17/60/) to test the template

Download version 1.0.1 (Tested with Joomla! SVN 9119):
http://www.joomlart.com/contest/ja_purity.zip
Download old version (May work with RC2):
http://www.joomlart.com/contest/ja_purity_1.0.zip

List of bug fixes:
no cross browser compatibility, please see the linux world! I use a Knoppix OS and the template is no good, sorry!
Fixed. Tested with Konqeror 3.5.6
Notice: Undefined property: readmore_text in d:\mes sites\www\joomla15\templates\ja_purity\html\com_content\category\blog_item.php on line 119
Register to read more...
with the atest svn at revision 9006
Fixed.
I've found what is probably an associated issue. If I hide "Author Name", "Created Date and Time", "Modified Date and Time", "PDF Icon", "Print Icon" and "E-mail Icon" then the article content spills over into the menu area and the menus are pushed down. This doesn't happen with other templates.

This is a bit of a show stopper for me. Hopefully it can be fixed as I really want to use this template.
Fixed.
any fix for the "register to read more" thing ?

i have Front Page Blog Layout options set to "Public" access...still get that message, even though people can read more without registering.
Fixed.
I knew there was a reason that I posted that. I set a "random image" module as the top module in the right position. then i chose to hide the title of the random image block. it broke the ability to collapse everything below it.

I went back in and configured that module to show its title, and they all work again
Fixed.
theme doesent have any module position option... only  left and then blank space…
----------------------------------------

look at the milkyway template templateDetails.xml (see below)

left
right
user1
user2
user3
user4
footer
debug
syndicate

You'll probably find that Purity is missing these.
Fixed.
Fixed.
Another small issue with this template. When you publish a list of contacts, there is no separation between the automatically generated number and the contact. It shows like:

1Renata Refero ---
2Antonio Retana, ---
and so on.

This does not happen with other templates. A dot or just one blank space should be enough to fix it.
Fixed.

List of issues which could not be duplicated the problem or not the template problem:
_text suffix modules still being collapsible and having the little arrow...
There's a parameter for excluding those modules you don't want to make collapsible (Param: Exclude Modules). By default, it exclude module Advertisement (ID 38).
When I set this template as my  default template and then go to the module control, the "position" box has become very small?? If I switch back to the milkway template it is OK again.
Not a bug. Please make a test with the update template on the latest build of Joomla to see if the bug is fixed? If not, please let us know which browser and version do you get the error.
i am having a similiar problem to what several others have said here.
if i disable pdf/print/email icons, author name, modified/posted dates they are just displaying anyway.
Not a bug. This is a bug from Joomla that the Global configuration don't effect.
I really appreciate this template. But after installing succesfully, when I change the parameters of this template, I get this error (on the picture attached). I run on Joomla 1.5 RC2, and others templates work very well except this one. Do you know how to fix it?
Cannot duplicate. Do you test the template with the nightlybuild of Joomla?
I can't get this template to work properly.

if I switch off main menu so its just the top navigation I keep getting:

Error loading modules  bar accross the top of pages.

also if I keep main menu on, when I switch pages the main menu drops to the bottom left and doesn't stay where it is.
Cannot duplicate. Can you provide your livesite url so we could make a deeper research?
Last edited by javcafe on Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JC

BaldrickThe4th
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by BaldrickThe4th » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:12 pm

BaldrickThe4th wrote: Hi

I suspect this is a typo, but in ja-sosdmenu.css there is a css attribute (if that's the correct term) of "w\idth". This appears twice.
Hi JoomlArt, thanks for the fixes. The above css typo still exists.

Thanks again for all your work in this template.

javcafe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javcafe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:30 pm

BaldrickThe4th wrote:

I suspect this is a typo, but in ja-sosdmenu.css there is a css attribute (if that's the correct term) of "w\idth". This appears twice.

This is not a bug. It makes the menu works cross-browser.
JC

BaldrickThe4th
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by BaldrickThe4th » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:32 pm

javcafe wrote:
BaldrickThe4th wrote:

This is not a bug. It makes the menu works cross-browser.
Shows I've got a lot to learn!! Thanks for the update.

Ace__
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Ace__ » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:58 pm

thanks for the fixes... my "position" textbox problem has now been sorted.
There's a parameter for excluding those modules you don't want to make collapsible (Param: Exclude Modules). By default, it exclude module Advertisement (ID 38).
Is it possible to exclude more than one module? If so, how?

ty

dkfwriting
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dkfwriting » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:38 pm

When I was finally able to see this template I love it, but for some reason when I follow the links from the top post in this thread nothing works.  Following any of the Demo links, I go to a blank page with the text "Welcome to the Frontpage" and nothing else.  That url is http://demo.joomlart.com/contest_opt/in ... ements=red

I was able to view the demo by following the links on the second page of this thread (to the Typography page), but then when I click on "Home" it gives me the same thing.

When I followed the download link, I was able to download the template and install it, but when I set it to Default and previewed, again I got a blank page with the text "Welcome to the Frontpage" and below it the text "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/m/e/t/metallifried/html/Joomla/templates/ja_purity/html/com_content/frontpage/default_item.php on line 9".

I'm hosted on godaddy and using Mozilla 2.0.0.7, although I get the same problem on IE 6.

dkfwriting
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dkfwriting » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:04 pm

I've just discovered if I visit a page on my site other than the home page, it shows up just fine.  Try http://metallifried.com/Joomla/index.ph ... &Itemid=53

dkf

javcafe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javcafe » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Ace__ wrote: thanks for the fixes... my "position" textbox problem has now been sorted.
Is it possible to exclude more than one module? If so, how?

ty
Yes, you could exclude multiple modules by put their ids in that text box, separated by the comma (,). If you hover your mouse over the title of parameter, you will see an instruction.
dkfwriting wrote: When I was finally able to see this template I love it, but for some reason when I follow the links from the top post in this thread nothing works.  Following any of the Demo links, I go to a blank page with the text "Welcome to the Frontpage" and nothing else.  That url is http://demo.joomlart.com/contest_opt/in ... ements=red

I was able to view the demo by following the links on the second page of this thread (to the Typography page), but then when I click on "Home" it gives me the same thing.

When I followed the download link, I was able to download the template and install it, but when I set it to Default and previewed, again I got a blank page with the text "Welcome to the Frontpage" and below it the text "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/m/e/t/metallifried/html/Joomla/templates/ja_purity/html/com_content/frontpage/default_item.php on line 9".
The template is tuning to work with the coming RC3. Currently, the template work fine with the nightly build. You could find the nightly build package from following link:
http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/17/60/

I've just updated the demo site to nightly build to make it work. I did forget to update the demo site  :-[
JC

sam604
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sam604 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:25 am

This template is amazing  :) There are a couple of minor things I noticed though. In the default content if you go to the FAQ for instance, there is quite a bit of space between the title of the page and the actual content. It doesn't have this problem in IE6, only in Firefox. IE6 also has problems with the transparent PNG's such as the font switcher and the RSS feed icon at the bottom. On a page with a category table, the hover is a pink color. It's a personal preference but I think the pink looks out of place for the template.

fluid
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fluid » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:51 am

Fantastic work on the fixes! I am in love with this template, mainly because its simple...looks good...and just freaking works.

BaldrickThe4th
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by BaldrickThe4th » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:28 am

BaldrickThe4th wrote: Hi JoomlArt

Thanks for the fix on this one. This might seem a little trivial, but if you do the above, a one pixel white dot appears on the right most side above the menu. Not the end of the world, but does spoil a brilliant template.

javcafe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javcafe » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:29 am

BaldrickThe4th wrote: Thanks for the fix on this one. This might seem a little trivial, but if you do the above, a one pixel white dot appears on the right most side above the menu. Not the end of the world, but does spoil a brilliant template.
Yes, I could see that white pixel. It will be fixed in the next update (Maybe the update for RC3).
Thanks  :D
JC

Ace__
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Ace__ » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:19 pm

Yes, you could exclude multiple modules by put their ids in that text box, separated by the comma (,). If you hover your mouse over the title of parameter, you will see an instruction.
Ty... I had been looking at the older version. Best business site template in the comp by a long way IMO!!!

addaminsane
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by addaminsane » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:30 pm

I like this template alot.  Is text and links within the collapbable modules seo friendly?

PlayGod
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

bad z-index on #ja-header h1.logo-text a & p.site-slogan

Post by PlayGod » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:00 am

...the text title and slogan get covered by the headermask (see image below)... can be fixed w/ z-index: 1000; or whatever works with the rest of the css.

BaldrickThe4th
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by BaldrickThe4th » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:55 am

Hi there

When the browser window is too small for the template, the left hand edge of the menu doesn't have a gap between it and the frame of the browser. How would I put a small space here to make it look a little tidier?

web.valuable
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by web.valuable » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:43 pm

I receive the following message:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$readmore_text in C:\xampp\htdocs\newera\templates\ja_purity\html\com_content\article\default.php on line 129

at the bottom of every article.

Sincerely,
Misha

dkfwriting
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dkfwriting » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Okay, I've updated to RC3 and I'm able to view it all now, but when I try to change the parameters in the Template Manager I get the error message "The Parameter-File /templates/ja_purity/params.ini is Unwritable!"  When I go to Directory Permissions, it says everything is writable.

gj315
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gj315 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:48 pm

Very Nice Design :)
Joomla:www.boygj.com

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”