Template Contest Entry - [JA Purity]

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
brewski37
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Template Contest Entry - [JA Purity]

Post by brewski37 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:03 am

It looks way too basic.  Clean though!

aladar
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aladar » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:04 am

About Left Panel.

Hi, thank you for the template. The 1.01 version with Joomla RC3 seems to be fine for me until now.

I just want to know how I can have a left paner wider, just enough to put some ads block (300x250)? I searched in template.css, Left Column and Right Column, but without a result.
Also, I need to pu a banner ad 728x90 on top, like on top of the articles section. Can I put it without modify all the structure?

Thanks
Terry

Triplicate
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Triplicate » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:46 pm

Nicely done and great design with great features. Keep up the good work!

I was wondering if you have a spot work into your design for standard 468 x 60 pixel banners?
The best is good enough!

Manuel70
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Manuel70 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:56 pm

Really nice. Any chance to be able to "move" columns? Like

Main column + left + right

or

left+ right + Main column
Last edited by Manuel70 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilbao22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bilbao22 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:26 am

Hi, here some feedback about the latest version (1.0.1) and RC3.

I have upgraded from RC2 to RC3 and from ja_purity 1 to 1.0.1. Something seems to be wrong here because now the main menu is reproduced where the top menu should be!! If you go back to either the milkyway or the beez template, the real top menu shows up. So this seems to be an issue with ja_purity.

Just for the record, I have upgraded using two different systems:
1) The first time I created a dummy RC3 installation and then redirected it to the former msql database. Then I had trouble with the top menu which was not properly updated... So I tried again using a second method....
2) Overwriting all the folders except the installation folder. This time I get the reported result: the main shows up twice, once in the proper place, a second time as a top menu!! Again, if you change templates, the problem is solved.

Anyway, this is a great template, joomlart people. Thanks!!

JoomlArt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JoomlArt » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:16 am

The RC3 was released yesterday, JA Purity will be tested and updated to make sure that it will work smoothly with this latest release.   

aladar
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aladar » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:58 am

Hi,

Anyone can help me with the left panel (or column) to be a little widest, enough to put a ad block (300x250), like I said before.
Thanks a lot

Terry

dtran
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dtran » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:17 am

Hi,
when adding a menu item, articles, article layout, and basic parameters, if I hit the select option, a popup window occurs on the bottom left corner.  I suppose that this would allow me to choose an article.  However, this window is only partially displayed and stuck in its bottom left position.
Thanks,
DNT
David

dArt85
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dArt85 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:09 am

I came to conclusion this is joomla bug, but it is still annoying. Its is second template i noticed this behavour.
Some templates work some not.
When trying to go to second page of section or category.
link to your demo site

tresan
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by tresan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:30 am

There is a problem with content pages - somehow the start of an article is written in 1 line and then the header comes with title, date, print email etc and then the rest of the article.
Ronni K. G. Christiansen (@redwebdk)
http://www.redcomponent.com/ - One big family of Joomla extentions & templates
http://redweb.dk - Joomla Webdesign & Development
redHOST.dk - 100% Joomla Webhotel - Dansk support med Joomla viden!

josephem
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by josephem » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:35 pm

Bonsoir,

s'il vous plait , ci-dessous l'erreur rencontrée après l'installation du template, Que faire?

Welcome to the Frontpage
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\joomla_1_5\templates\ja_purity\html\com_content\frontpage\default_item.php on line 9

Merci

***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****__

Hello,

please, this is the error, please i need help

Welcome to the Frontpage
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\joomla_1_5\templates\ja_purity\html\com_content\frontpage\default_item.php on line 9

thank
Last edited by josephem on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

javcafe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javcafe » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:28 am

Manuel70 wrote: Really nice. Any chance to be able to "move" columns? Like

or

You could make this by editing the template.css file, switch 'left' and 'right' for 'float' property of these classes:

Code: Select all

#ja-mainbody-fr #ja-contentwrap
#ja-mainbody-fr #ja-col1
#ja-mainbody #ja-contentwrap
#ja-col1
You also need to make some other modifications for background, padding...
aladar wrote: About Left Panel.

Hi, thank you for the template. The 1.01 version with Joomla RC3 seems to be fine for me until now.

I just want to know how I can have a left paner wider, just enough to put some ads block (300x250)? I searched in template.css, Left Column and Right Column, but without a result.
Also, I need to pu a banner ad 728x90 on top, like on top of the articles section. Can I put it without modify all the structure?

Thanks
Terry
You could change the width of left column (ja-col1) and main column (ja-contentwrap) in the template.css file. Here is an example to make the left column wider:

#ja-mainbody #ja-contentwrap {
	float: right;
	width: 62.5%;
}

#ja-col1 {
	float: left;
	width: 37.5%;
	padding-top: 10px;
	overflow: hidden;
}

#ja-mainbody-fr #ja-col1 {
	width: 30%;
}

#ja-mainbody-fr #ja-contentwrap {
	width: 70%;
}
Triplicate wrote: Nicely done and great design with great features. Keep up the good work!

I was wondering if you have a spot work into your design for standard 468 x 60 pixel banners?
There's a banner at the bottom of page.
dtran wrote: Hi,
when adding a menu item, articles, article layout, and basic parameters, if I hit the select option, a popup window occurs on the bottom left corner.  I suppose that this would allow me to choose an article.  However, this window is only partially displayed and stuck in its bottom left position.
Thanks,
DNT
The template cannot affect the administrator area, so I assume that this is a problem from Joomla.
dArt85 wrote: I came to conclusion this is joomla bug, but it is still annoying. Its is second template i noticed this behavour.
link to your demo site
This should be a problem from the template. We will figure it out and release an update soon.
tresan wrote: There is a problem with content pages - somehow the start of an article is written in 1 line and then the header comes with title, date, print email etc and then the rest of the article.
Could you give me a link?
josephem wrote: Hello,

Welcome to the Frontpage

thank
I guess you are using the RC2 version. Try to use RC3 with JA Purity 1.0.1.
bilbao22 wrote: Hi, here some feedback about the latest version (1.0.1) and RC3.

I have upgraded from RC2 to RC3 and from ja_purity 1 to 1.0.1. Something seems to be wrong here because now the main menu is reproduced where the top menu should be!! If you go back to either the milkyway or the beez template, the real top menu shows up. So this seems to be an issue with ja_purity.

1) The first time I created a dummy RC3 installation and then redirected it to the former msql database. Then I had trouble with the top menu which was not properly updated... So I tried again using a second method....
2) Overwriting all the folders except the installation folder. This time I get the reported result: the main shows up twice, once in the proper place, a second time as a top menu!! Again, if you change templates, the problem is solved.

Do you try to install a fresh RC3 and JA Purity 1.0.1?
JC

tresan
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by tresan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:32 pm

For the bug with the title line entering the text.

/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=2   

Its the Joomla Licens page in the demo content.

First comes this line:

This website is powered by Joomla! The software and default templates on which it runs are Copyright 2005-2006 Open

Then the Date, Time, Author, Pdf, Print, Email block

And then the text continues.

javcafe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javcafe » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:35 pm

tresan wrote: For the bug with the title line entering the text.

/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=2   

Its the Joomla Licens page in the demo content.

First comes this line:

This website is powered by Joomla! The software and default templates on which it runs are Copyright 2005-2006 Open

Then the Date, Time, Author, Pdf, Print, Email block

And then the text continues.
I've tried to view that page on our demo site as well as in my local site and still cannot duplicate this problem. Please let me know:
1. What version of Joomla do you use?
2. What browser and version?
JC

bilbao22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bilbao22 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:37 am

javcafe wrote:
Manuel70 wrote: Really nice. Any chance to be able to "move" columns? Like

or

You could make this by editing the template.css file, switch 'left' and 'right' for 'float' property of these classes:

#ja-mainbody-fr #ja-contentwrap
#ja-mainbody-fr #ja-col1
#ja-mainbody #ja-contentwrap
#ja-col1
You also need to make some other modifications for background, padding...
aladar wrote: About Left Panel.

Thanks
Terry
You could change the width of left column (ja-col1) and main column (ja-contentwrap) in the template.css file. Here is an example to make the left column wider:

#ja-mainbody #ja-contentwrap {
	width: 62.5%;
}

#ja-col1 {
	width: 37.5%;
	padding-top: 10px;
	overflow: hidden;
}

#ja-mainbody-fr #ja-col1 {
	width: 30%;
}

#ja-mainbody-fr #ja-contentwrap {
	width: 70%;
}
Triplicate wrote: Nicely done and great design with great features. Keep up the good work!

There's a banner at the bottom of page.
dtran wrote: Hi,
Thanks,
DNT
The template cannot affect the administrator area, so I assume that this is a problem from Joomla.
dArt85 wrote: I came to conclusion this is joomla bug, but it is still annoying. Its is second template i noticed this behavour.
link to your demo site
This should be a problem from the template. We will figure it out and release an update soon.
tresan wrote: There is a problem with content pages - somehow the start of an article is written in 1 line and then the header comes with title, date, print email etc and then the rest of the article.
Could you give me a link?
josephem wrote: Hello,

Welcome to the Frontpage

thank
I guess you are using the RC2 version. Try to use RC3 with JA Purity 1.0.1.
bilbao22 wrote: Hi, here some feedback about the latest version (1.0.1) and RC3.

Do you try to install a fresh RC3 and JA Purity 1.0.1?
Yes, I tried with a fresh RC3 and Ja Puritiy 1.0.1 template. And the problems shows up when you change the name of the home item on the main menu. In fact I change it from home to Inicio (spanish). Then the main menu gets replicated as the top menu ???. II thought I could not be the only one with this problem since it has happen to me already three times even using a fresh installation. As a have already stated, you change tempates back to the milkyway or beez and the real top menu shows up again in place. I hope you can find what could be going on.
Thanks in advance for your work.

bilbao22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: bad z-index on #ja-header h1.logo-text a & p.site-slogan

Post by bilbao22 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:51 am

PlayGod wrote:
Now, if you look at this image published in this forum topic before, this is exactly what is happening to me: the Main Menu gets replicated as the top menu. It is reassuring to see that this is also happening to other people. For the record: fresh RC3 installation with latest installation of 1.0.1 ja_purity template. Browsers: firefox 2.0.07 and Explorer 7.
Anyway, I really like this template!!

sam604
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sam604 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:11 am

bilbao22 wrote: Now, if you look at this image published in this forum topic before, this is exactly what is happening to me: the Main Menu gets replicated as the top menu. It is reassuring to see that this is also happening to other people. For the record: fresh RC3 installation with latest installation of 1.0.1 ja_purity template. Browsers: firefox 2.0.07 and Explorer 7.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but you set which horizontal menu should display in the administrator template parameters. There's a section that says Horizontal Navigation and then a box for menu type where you select which menu should be displayed.

bilbao22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bilbao22 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:10 pm

sam604 wrote:
bilbao22 wrote: Now, if you look at this image published in this forum topic before, this is exactly what is happening to me: the Main Menu gets replicated as the top menu. It is reassuring to see that this is also happening to other people. For the record: fresh RC3 installation with latest installation of 1.0.1 ja_purity template. Browsers: firefox 2.0.07 and Explorer 7.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but you set which horizontal menu should display in the administrator template parameters. There's a section that says Horizontal Navigation and then a box for menu type where you select which menu should be displayed.
Thanks, man!!!  That was exactly the problem I had!! Now the whole thing works well. Fixed!! :)

tresan
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by tresan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:54 pm

javcafe wrote: I've tried to view that page on our demo site as well as in my local site and still cannot duplicate this problem. Please let me know:
Joomla 1.5 RC3 fresh install 2 days ago
IE 7.0 - fully updated.

javcafe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javcafe » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:54 am

tresan wrote:
javcafe wrote: I've tried to view that page on our demo site as well as in my local site and still cannot duplicate this problem. Please let me know:
Joomla 1.5 RC3 fresh install 2 days ago
IE 7.0 - fully updated.
I've seen a potential bug in the template and it will be fixed when the next version releases.
JC

RdeN
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by RdeN » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:21 am

How can I move the banner from the bottom of the page to the top. I already tried to modify index.html. But I couldn't manage to get the banner on top of the articles (and between left and right menu).

http://www.nieuwsaksen.net is mine site.

Nonetheless it is a wonderful template, very nice.

javcafe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javcafe » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:34 am

RdeN wrote: How can I move the banner from the bottom of the page to the top. I already tried to modify index.html. But I couldn't manage to get the banner on top of the articles (and between left and right menu).

http://www.nieuwsaksen.net is mine site.

Nonetheless it is a wonderful template, very nice.
There's a module name "Banner" currently published in "footer" position. You can add 1 new module position to the template (edit the index.php file) and publish this module to that position.
JC

Excalibur!
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Excalibur! » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:41 pm

Very nice!

georgiadoodle
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by georgiadoodle » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:58 pm

Love love love this template! Clean, refreshing and doesn't distract from the content!

Only problem I am having is the main page content is overlapping the right column... I looked through the css and it look like the main table is bigger than the div it's contained in, but I can't figure out how to fix it...

Update: ---nevermind, fixed it...

Love love love!!!
Last edited by georgiadoodle on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

fuct_duffs
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fuct_duffs » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:33 pm

real nice template!
great work:)

bilbao22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bilbao22 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:18 am

Hello joomlart people.

With a fresh RC3 installation and your 1.0.1version template I have found a small problem when using the Contact Category Layout: the automatically generated numbers and the names are presented without any separation. Something you can probably fix in a second.
I post the relevant screenshot as an attachment. Although I have changed the original colors of the theme, it is the ja_purity 1.0.1 template all right!

Thanks again for this great template.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

javcafe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javcafe » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:38 am

georgiadoodle wrote: Love love love this template! Clean, refreshing and doesn't distract from the content!

Only problem I am having is the main page content is overlapping the right column... I looked through the css and it look like the main table is bigger than the div it's contained in, but I can't figure out how to fix it...

Love love love!!!
Can you share your fix to others?  :)
bilbao22 wrote: Hello joomlart people.

With a fresh RC3 installation and your 1.0.1version template I have found a small problem when using the Contact Category Layout: the automatically generated numbers and the names are presented without any separation. Something you can probably fix in a second.
I post the relevant screenshot as an attachment. Although I have changed the original colors of the theme, it is the ja_purity 1.0.1 template all right!

Thanks again for this great template.
Thank you for your great feedback. The template will be updated and released today.
JC

georgiadoodle
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by georgiadoodle » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:55 am

javcafe wrote:
georgiadoodle wrote: Love love love this template! Clean, refreshing and doesn't distract from the content!

Love love love!!!
Can you share your fix to others?  :)

Well it had to do with one specific article. I think there was a problem with the length of a link being too long. The weird thing is, I went in to edit the article, I broke up the link into two lines, which fixed the problem. Then I went back in and put the link back together, and now it still works fine...  ??? go figure...

I have already played around with using my own pictures in the header, and I LOVE how it works! Just puts your pic right in the flow, you don't have to worry about it clashing.

Great work, did I mention that?  :)

JoomlArt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JoomlArt » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:17 am

JA Purity 1.1.0

JA Purity template has been updated to version 1.1.0 to fully compliant with the new release Joomla!1.5 RC3. Beside the bugs fixing, the new release also fully support RTL content.

Download
JA Purity 1.1.0 Released on 13th Oct 07
JA Purity 1.0.1 Released on 4th Oct 07 (View Change logs)
JA Purity 1.0.0   (First release - Version 1.0.0 on 22 Sept 07)

Demo
1. View demo site (Default color)
2. View demo site (Green color)
3. View demo site (Blue color)
4. View demo site (with default J! 1.5 content)
5. View demo site (RTL Language)

Please notify us if you find out any bugs or problem with this template.

Thanks

newart
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by newart » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:25 am

good, good, good  :)
former Q&T WorkGroup Joomla member - Italian Translation Team Member

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”