Template Contest Entry - [JA Purity]

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
mustiy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Template Contest Entry - [JA Purity]

Post by mustiy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:32 pm

Hello,

1) using Ja-Purity with J!1.5 you could remove the footer "Designed by JoomlArt.com.." by unpublishing the footer module. How would i go about removing this footer in J!1.x?

2) How do i make the user/pass boxes bigger? I remember them being bigger in J!1.5

boskizzi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by boskizzi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:38 pm

I love this theme.
I use it for my site: http://www.pommefritz.com

mejean
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by mejean » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:03 pm

boskizzi wrote:I love this theme.
I use it for my site: http://www.pommefritz.com
a nice adaptation ;)
Jérôme Bussière - simple utilisateur
www.cardabelle.net

mustiy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mustiy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:14 pm

How would one go about getting extra modules loaded on the right side? I have "polls" and "who is online" i would like to add another one much like the demo "Features" box on the right hand side.

EDIT: Solved the above question, added a CUSTOM HTML module and placed it on the right hand side :)

Another question: Is there a way to change the color of the "submit" or "vote" buttons? They're black by default id like them to be blue since im using the blue template color scheme.

hrt222
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Changing the horizontal menu

Post by hrt222 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:27 am

alwin wrote:Hi Experts,

Is there a way to show a different horizonal menue depending on a choice in the left menue?

For example:
http://www.imsonline.nl/site/index.php? ... &Itemid=84

When you click on 'Nederlands' the blue horizontal menu changes.
But I did this through a not very elegant modification in ja_vars.php.

Is there a more simple way?

Thanks
Alwin
I really like how you edited the template so it displays a blue background. Does anyone know how he changed or which bits I need to edit because I prefer a template with a background image rather then fluid :D

cmsed
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cmsed » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:35 pm

hi guys. nice to see some good support going on here for the Purity template. Here's hoping someone can help me out. I've installed the Purity on my joomla 1.5, but I'm having problems with the horizontol cascading menu.

My site is here:
http://69.89.31.189/~haymarke/

This problem only happens on IE, and appears to be fine on Firefox. When you mouseover a menu sub menu item, e.g. About Us > What We Do> notice that the next level down, Case Studies, is transparent/overlayed by the previous level menu item. This happens when the menu is expanded, even when the final submenu item is mouseovered. The weird thing is, if you mouseover Case Studies to the 3rd sub level, e.g. mouseover Corrupt Project Manager, then that appears solid fine.

Anothing thing to note is that this happens even for items with 2 sub levels, e.g. About Us> Staff Biographies > Lord Mackenzie. The transparency is still there and makes it hard to see the menu items.

Can someone please help? I've installed a fresh local joomla 1.5 installation with a fresh Purity template, and it still happens. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:36 pm

Have you played with transparency levels / settings in the css file?

cmsed
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cmsed » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:41 pm

Nope. I haven't touched anything like that in the CSS file. I wanted to keep the template as pure as possible, only changing the logos , images etc.

It's a bummer. I note that this guy, who posted a separate problem here, http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9896 actually has the same problem as me, although I'm not sure if he's aware.
See Blackgleam > Jenny > Wurf 1 on his site http://www.gordonsetter.ch/

rubras
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rubras » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:46 am

Hi all
Nice to see that lots of support have ben going on around here with this star template.

My question: how do I apply a style to the left side of the template, like i used _blue,etc on the right.

anyway this is my site: http://www.acaciasrubras.org any comment is very welcomed

thanks

sahara
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sahara » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:00 pm

I like your site. How did you get your header to take up the full length? What did you change? What is the size of the header?

rubras
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rubras » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:29 pm

hi
that is easy
just edit your css like that

ja-headermask

width: 900px;

display: block;

height: 150px;

position: absolute;

top: 0pt;

right: -1px;

them replace the original header in your template images/header by the one you want that is alerady for example 900x150

if you dont want the mask, just remove the mask image source in your template

better then all,just get firefox webdeveloper extention

tara

hrt222
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hrt222 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:19 am

rubras wrote:hi
that is easy
just edit your css like that

ja-headermask

width: 900px;

display: block;

height: 150px;

position: absolute;

top: 0pt;

right: -1px;

them replace the original header in your template images/header by the one you want that is alerady for example 900x150

if you dont want the mask, just remove the mask image source in your template

better then all,just get firefox webdeveloper extention

tara
If I want to have no header images and just have the logo go right across how would I do that?

axl_fugazi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by axl_fugazi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:19 pm

Very nice template. I'm using it for my new site on Joomla 1.5. However, I have to questions. Hopefully someone can help me.

1. The font resizing (the three images of A) don't work. When I click on any of them, nothing happens. I have sent default fault size to 3. How can I get them to work?

2. How do I change the Joomla image logo? What file do I modify. Sorry I'm not a developer. Only a user of Joomla and a beginner. Thanks.

axl_fugazi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by axl_fugazi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:22 pm

I apologize for my 1st question. It looks like it doesn't work on Safari, but it works fine on Firefox (I know this kind of javascript code can be tricky on different browsers). Still curious about question 2 though. Thanks again.

rubras
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rubras » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi guys
any idea of how make to make a module position to load instead of the header,i mean i just want to put a slide show instead of the default header structure.

thanks

mustiy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mustiy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:16 pm

2 Questions:

1) How do i change the "MAIN MENU" and "RESOURCES" titles that are on the left hand side? I went to the backend and changed them on the menu properties but the changes dont seem to do anything. Am i missing something?
2) The "Export PDF" option on articles work sin Firefox but it doesnt work with IE7.0 - anyone have a fix for this? Im not sure if this is Ja_Purity related or not but thought id ask anyways.

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:01 pm

mustiy wrote:2 Questions:

1) How do i change the "MAIN MENU" and "RESOURCES" titles that are on the left hand side? I went to the backend and changed them on the menu properties but the changes dont seem to do anything. Am i missing something?
2) The "Export PDF" option on articles work sin Firefox but it doesnt work with IE7.0 - anyone have a fix for this? Im not sure if this is Ja_Purity related or not but thought id ask anyways.
1) Extensions > Module Manager > Find said module - Rename Module to whatever you wish, will reflect on front page.
2) No idea. Works for me in both FF and IE7

John37309
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by John37309 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:40 pm

When using this template, everything i add to the top menu gets kinda "Mirrored" on the bottom of the page as a kinda duplicate bottom menu.

I don't want all these links on the bottom of the page. Is there a way to stop this mirroring effect?

John.
Compute for science and for a better world!
www.unitedboinc.com

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:46 pm

John37309 wrote:When using this template, everything i add to the top menu gets kinda "Mirrored" on the bottom of the page as a kinda duplicate bottom menu.

I don't want all these links on the bottom of the page. Is there a way to stop this mirroring effect?

John.
Link / Screenshot?

John37309
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by John37309 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Quads,
I think i fixed it. I just had a second menu enabled in the module manager.

Its kinda fixed.

Thank you,
John.
www.unitedboinc.com

Alanothing
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Alanothing » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:26 pm

I would like to know if there is a quick method to reposition or duplicate USER1, USER3, TOP and USER5 positions between the top menu and "Welcome to the frontpage" section. I might do it, however, I fear the layout and background would not look the same.

thist
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thist » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a new Joomla user, and a new developer all around.

I downloaded this template today to play with it on my Joomla 1.5 site.

I went to change some of the parameters, like the Logo Text and all that stuff.

Sadly it gives me this response when I change anything under the parameters table

"JFTP::write: Bad response"
"Operation Failed!: failed to open file /home/content/m/i/r/miracles924/html/Joomla/templates/ja_purity/params.ini for writing"

Any ideas?

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:05 pm

thist wrote:Hey guys,

I'm a new Joomla user, and a new developer all around.

I downloaded this template today to play with it on my Joomla 1.5 site.

I went to change some of the parameters, like the Logo Text and all that stuff.

Sadly it gives me this response when I change anything under the parameters table

"JFTP::write: Bad response"
"Operation Failed!: failed to open file /home/content/m/i/r/miracles924/html/Joomla/templates/ja_purity/params.ini for writing"

Any ideas?
Joomla/templates/ja_purity/params.ini needs to be set with the permissions of 666 to be writable.
When you make changes in the back end, it needs to write them somewhere.

Beatrice
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Beatrice » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:58 pm

schomburgr wrote: Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first crack at joomla. You can view the site at http://www.thearrowheaddistrict.org... still in it's early stages.
You seems to have figured out how to get the color on the menu also to the left of the menu. I have tried everything (I think but there is something I miss). I get my menu in the color I want (or I had I just changed something that made the menu grey again, gahhhh) but the grey to the left is still there.

I also get some strange thing in the top just below header to the left, you can see a glitch in the gradient.

I'm still working on the website so some colors are not correct yet.

I love this template layout but I would have appreciated a short tutorial, i.e. a print screen with the layer names printed and if the background is a picture (and where it is located). Now I find pictures under /ja_purity/images and /ja_purity/styles/background/lighter/images. When is the pics in either folder used?

Edit: I forgot the address http://www.parlplatsen.net/BodensBushidoCenter/
Last edited by Beatrice on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schomburgr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by schomburgr » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Beatrice:

I had to do the following to change the left menu color:

1. In the JA_Purity/Styles/background/Lighter/Images directory modified c-bg1.gif,c-bg2.gif,cw-bg1.gif,cw-bg2.gif (see attached)
2. In the JA_Purity/images directory modified bullet3.gif and hdot.gif and hdot2.gif and grad3.gif (see attached)

Note: The reason your graphics are grey when you try to change them is because the orginals appear to be saved as grey scale. If you make the color changes and save them as a non grey scale image hopefully this will help.

Rick

oc666
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Bug with rtl template in firefox 3

Post by oc666 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Hello
There is some bug with JA PURITY when using RTL direction in firefox 3 beta 5.
The horizontal scroller of the browser become very long from some reason.
For testing, check this example template in FF 3 beta 5:
http://demo.joomlart.com/contest_rtl/

Thanks for the help.
http://www.embad.com - new way to insert ads to your website

John37309
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by John37309 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:17 pm

Which page of the code and what piece of code would allow me to change the width of my main menu?

In the following image of this template, i have marked 2 distances, A and B in RED. How would i change these distances to make the main menu more narrow?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you,
John.
www.unitedboinc.com

island2007
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by island2007 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:35 am

Hi,

Anyone worked out how to add a new background to the content section ? I've created a new background element (that shows up in the template administration) & added the following to style.css :

Code: Select all

table.contentpaneopen {
	background: url(images/javaprofile-light.png) fixed no-repeat top center;	
}
I've tried adding it as a page suffix, attaching it to #ja- DIVS in template.css & even hard coding it into the body of index.php without success.

I know the code above is correct - do I need to add something else to bring the element image to the top of the css layers ?

Any pointers much appreciated - this is the first time I've really delved into the CSS.

Stuart.
Stuart.

http://www.tradetaxfree.com/cms/private ... t-programs - Placement Programs Investments & Trading

chm3
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chm3 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:21 pm

I have a problem for left module postion under IE 6.0. Please visit my site http://www.pcsoft.com.ru for details. Under IE 7.0 everything works fine. Anybody can help to inform how to correc the problem for IE 6.0?
Update your softwares at NJ Softwares

Maffu
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Maffu » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:22 am

Hi,
I have a bit of a problem with this template and the layout in IE6+
when viewed in Firefox everything is fine, but when viewed in IE, first of all the hidden accessibility menu is visible at all times (I have now removed it altogether, and secondly the layout of the Search and Font-size buttons is borked as they no longer sit on top of the background image..
Unfortunately the installation is on an intranet so you can't see it directly. You can see screenshots here:

Firefox
IE6

Any ideas, anyone?

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”