Template Contest Entry - [JA Purity]

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
svenl
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Template Contest Entry - [JA Purity]

Post by svenl » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:26 am

Checked the statistics of one of my homepages with "normal" visitors. This webplace is about genealogy so the visitors is not data gurus etc. they are regular people and with an higher age (?) than an everage normal Internet user.
The statistic is for 7.600 visits from 4.500 visitors
87,92% is Internet Explorer
9,68% Firefox
0,78% Safari
0,59% Opera
0,56% Mozilla
0,34% Netscape
0,07% Camino
0,07% Konqueror

Thats 5 people out of 4.500 visitors. At least you can "demand" from them to run the lastest version of the program. And also, if the browser is not compatible with the CSS standard (3.3.x is not), why take notice at all?
Anyway, current version of JA Purity have problem with Konqueror and will be fixed to work smoothly with Konqueror 3.5.x
That's fine with me to, if 3.5.x is compatible with todays standard for CSS etc.

/Sven
8)
-
Sanningen finns där ute, har du sökt efter ditt svar?
var svaret bra och löste ditt problem? Glöm då inte att ändra ditt första inlägg till löst (Solved)

newart
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by newart » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:38 am

well, I think your statistics is a quite normal one, The percentage is more or less next to them...

Apart from the discussion and apart from the fact that the Konqueror problem isn't started by me, as me and you have read what posted by prova and each of us replied with his own opinion.

Here's my statistics from my site (six months):

Top 40 Hits     
IE 6.0; WinXP 18008  62.2 % 
IE 7.0; WinXP 5722  19.8 % 
IE 6.0; Win2000 1488  5.1 % 
NS 6; WinXP 1370  4.7 % 
IE 6.0; Win98 541  1.9 % 
IE 7.0; WinNT6.0 310  1.1 % 
IE 6.0; WinMe 245  0.8 % 
NS 6; WinMe 235  0.8 % 
NS 6; MacPPC 117  0.4 % 
IE 5.01; Win2000 107  0.4 % 
IE 5.5; WinMe 100  0.3 % 
NS 6; Linux 74  0.3 % 
IE 5.0; Win98 72  0.2 % 
IE 6.0; WinNT5.2 70  0.2 % 
NS 6; Mac 59  0.2 % 
NS 6; Win2000 52  0.2 % 
IE 5.5; Win2000 50  0.2 % 
IE 5.01; Win98 44  0.2 % 
IE 5.5; Win98 34  0.1 % 
IE 5.0; MacPPC 23  0.1 % 
NS 6; Win98 23  0.1 % 
IE 6.0; WinNT4.0 19  0.1 % 
IE 5.23; MacPPC 18  0.1 % 
IE 7.0; WinNT5.2 16  0.1 % 
NS 6; WinNT6.0 11  0 % 
OP 9.10; WinXP 10  0 % 
IE 5.16; MacPPC 7  0 % 
IE 6.0; Win64 7  0 % 
OP ;  7  0 % 
IE 5.5; WinNT4.0 7  0 % 
KONQ 3.4; Linux 6  0 % 
IE 5.17; MacPPC 6  0 % 
OP 9.02; WinXP 6  0 % 
OP 8.54; WinXP 6  0 % 
OP 7.54; WinXP 5  0 % 
OP 8.52; WinXP 4  0 % 
OP 8.65;  3  0 % 
IE 5.5; Win95 3  0 % 
IE 4.01; Win98 3  0 % 
IE 5.01; WinNT 3  0 % 

unique visits: 28.698
former Q&T WorkGroup Joomla member - Italian Translation Team Member

ashish_purna
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ashish_purna » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:11 am

Just to make myself clear, will anybody inform this ignorant soul whether this is a template or a browser comparison thread?

I am sure this is a browser compatibility thread :-). U never know.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

BaldrickThe4th
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by BaldrickThe4th » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:00 pm

Hi there

I've turned off all the icons (email, PDF & print) along with the author and document date, but I still get the print icon or just [print]. This doesn't happen with a different template (Sorry!). There is a problem with RC 2 in that the global setting doesn't work, so I changed the individual page parameter.

Anyone else see this problem?
Last edited by BaldrickThe4th on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prova
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by prova » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:23 pm

JoomlArt wrote: current version of JA Purity have problem with Konqueror and will be fixed to work smoothly with Konqueror 3.5.x 
thank you very much anyway  :-[
Vorrei ringraziare http://www.joomla.org per avermi dato la possibilità di essere presente su internet anche se non ci capisco niente di programmazione.

Ace__
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Ace__ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:00 pm

Great template!!! I haven't looked at all the others yet but so far it is way ahead. I do seem to have found a small glitch though. When I set this template as my  default template and then go to the module control, the "position" box has become very small?? If I switch back to the milkway template it is OK again.

EDIT: Actually I am new to joomla and have no idea if this is exclusive to your template.
Last edited by Ace__ on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smriyaz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by smriyaz » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:19 pm

Excellent design. well done!

prova
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by prova » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:47 pm

:-[ newart I've seen your statistics and I see an example of what is important for a site, the visits:

IE 5.5; WinMe 100  0.3 %

with IE 5.5 and WinMe OS you had 100 visits! But I have seen more examples in your statistics and now I'm not sure to be alone or simply an old strange visitor...  ehy svenl there are a lot of visitors like me or you like to lost visits :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Vorrei ringraziare http://www.joomla.org per avermi dato la possibilità di essere presente su internet anche se non ci capisco niente di programmazione.

guaizi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by guaizi » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:30 am

i like it

newart
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by newart » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:14 am

@prova
@svenl

Those 100 visits are only for IE 5.5 and WinMe OS but please see how many they are : I think it isn't so good not to think those visits... ;)

svenl
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by svenl » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:45 am

newart wrote: @prova
@svenl

Those 100 visits are only for IE 5.5 and WinMe OS but please see how many they are : I think it isn't so good not to think those visits... ;)
At some point you can't support the Dinosaurs of Internet.  You still have visitors running Win98 and IE 4 (in your statistics), this bowser was released in 1997 and put down Netscape as "the browser".

In this case, Joomla and the template's should support CSS standard approved by W3C. If a user have a browser not supporting that, thats not my problem, it's the problem for the user. If they want to look into my webpages (and I hope so) they have to accept if the page don't look as I want or they can upgrade their browser . Almost everyone can get free browsers supporting W3C standards of today to their old computers. The important thing for any templates, especially in this contest is that they can support all browsers supporting W3C standards of CSS etc.

Except having old equipment and browsers, those users (running IE 4 & 5 etc.) probably also have no security thats "up to date" on their computers and are a high security risk for Internet with a lot of uncovered stuff on their computer you don't want in yours.  We can discuss this matter someware else if necessary. This tread is about the excellent NEW template from JoomlArt called Purity (Swedish - renhet) and not old dinosaur browsers from the 90's (or dinosaurs babies age 3).

/Sven
8)
-
Sanningen finns där ute, har du sökt efter ditt svar?
var svaret bra och löste ditt problem? Glöm då inte att ändra ditt första inlägg till löst (Solved)

newart
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by newart » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:31 am

svenl wrote: If a user have a browser not supporting that, thats not my problem, it's the problem for the user.
I love who visits my site and so I need them.

You're lucky that you have no commercial site, where money is the prority goal... in this case I know each visit is very very important for that type of site.
svenl wrote: This tread is about the excellent NEW template from JoomlArt called Purity (Swedish - renhet) and not old dinosaur browsers from the 90's (or dinosaurs babies age 3).
The thread is about that excellent template that is in competion for all The Joomla World and not for a restricted template club! I like very much what done by JoomlArt but the question is focused  at another level: we need a Joomla Core Template for EveryBody!

Following your opinion, I can guess you don't want a 56k compatible template... so the best of a template is only for ADSL users or more better by optical fibers (that is what I'm using)

Rapunzl
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Rapunzl » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:53 am

JoomlArt wrote: Typo corrected.
Another great production from the JoomlArt team.  Can the Konqueror compatibility issue be addressed?
It is being inspected and the team will updated the bug shortly (before the 5 shortlist)
Regardless that it's going to be addressed, you guys are arguing about browsers in a thread about THIS template. Of COURSE a website designer is going to concentrate on the largest audience possible.
I love trying new things, but I hate when new things try me.

newart
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by newart » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:42 am

you're right! I stop this debate right now.

Go JoomlArt, you have a good template to offer us!!!!!!!

javcafe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javcafe » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi all,

We highly appreciate all of your support. We do try our best to make our templates compatible with as many browsers as possible. However, because of the limitation of time and resources, templates should not work well on some browsers. In this case, what the template cannot do should be an open door for someone who would like to make a try  :-\

We guarantee that the template will support most of modern browsers.
Last edited by javcafe on Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC

BaldrickThe4th
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by BaldrickThe4th » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:12 pm

BaldrickThe4th wrote: Hi there

I've turned off all the icons (email, PDF & print) along with the author and document date, but I still get the print icon or just [print]. This doesn't happen with a different template (Sorry!). There is a problem with RC 2 in that the global setting doesn't work, so I changed the individual page parameter.

Anyone else see this problem?
I've found what is probably an associated issue. If I hide "Author Name", "Created Date and Time", "Modified Date and Time", "PDF Icon", "Print Icon" and "E-mail Icon" then the article content spills over into the menu area and the menus are pushed down. This doesn't happen with other templates.

This is a bit of a show stopper for me. Hopefully it can be fixed as I really want to use this template.

Thanks....

conradical
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by conradical » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:49 pm

no doubt who I'll be voting for

fluid
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fluid » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:52 am

i really do like this template...its got a nice clean minimalist feel with a lot of bloating and eyecandy to make it really over the top...things i normally try and avoid, but the overall look of it, and simplistic layout coupled with the nicely done menus just make it outstanding.

anyway, i do have a problem :(

i am running Joomla1.5RC2, and this template will not install. all i get from the package manager is the following:

Unable to find install package

any suggestions?

matthewhayashida
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by matthewhayashida » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:22 am

Most of these templates will only work with the latest build of 1.5 i.e. the nightly build or SVN

See http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/17/60/#nightly

fluid
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fluid » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:15 am

up and running with latest nightly build...and...

this theme is absolutely awesome. fantastic work.

fluid
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fluid » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:37 pm

i am having a similiar problem to what several others have said here. if i disable pdf/print/email icons, author name, modified/posted dates they are just displaying anyway.

fluid
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fluid » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:19 am

mejean wrote: Great template "full options"  ;D

But i have the notice on frontpage
Notice: Undefined property: readmore_text in d:\mes sites\www\joomla15\templates\ja_purity\html\com_content\category\blog_item.php on line 119
Register to read more...
with the atest svn at revision 9006
any fix for the "register to read more" thing ?

i have Front Page Blog Layout options set to "Public" access...still get that message, even though people can read more without registering.

BaldrickThe4th
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by BaldrickThe4th » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:32 am

fluid wrote: i am having a similiar problem to what several others have said here. if i disable pdf/print/email icons, author name, modified/posted dates they are just displaying anyway.
Hi Fluid

There is a problem with RC2 and the setting of globals which will give the problem you have seen. It is reported as being fixed for RC3.

You can disable the icons for the article itself and this will work, however, as I reported above, it throws out the layout for this template.

fluid
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fluid » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:52 am

BaldrickThe4th wrote:
fluid wrote: i am having a similiar problem to what several others have said here. if i disable pdf/print/email icons, author name, modified/posted dates they are just displaying anyway.
Hi Fluid

There is a problem with RC2 and the setting of globals which will give the problem you have seen. It is reported as being fixed for RC3.

You can disable the icons for the article itself and this will work, however, as I reported above, it throws out the layout for this template.
i have this solved, and it was strange the way i did it. go to the Main Menu editor, and click on home. All of the icons are hard-set there to SHOW. i set them back to hide, and they all went away flawlessly.

that is what, the third place you can change that? hehe... its in the article preferences, its in the article itself, and its also in the HOME link for the main menu.

ttinhha
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ttinhha » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:18 am

Hi guys,

I really appreciate this template. But after installing succesfully, when I change the parameters of this template, I get this error (on the picture attached). I run on Joomla 1.5 RC2, and others templates work very well except this one. Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hdi_man
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hdi_man » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:03 pm

I can't get this template to work properly.

if I switch off main menu so its just the top navigation I keep getting:

Error loading modules  bar accross the top of pages.

also if I keep main menu on, when I switch pages the main menu drops to the bottom left and doesn't stay where it is.

fluid
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fluid » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:17 pm

for some reason my modules are no longer collapsable...but it is enabled in the template configuration? i havent modified the template itself at all. im at a loss i guess...not really looking for help, i just know i didnt do anything to break it, and figured i should post here about it.

fluid
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fluid » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:28 pm

I knew there was a reason that I posted that. I set a "random image" module as the top module in the right position. then i chose to hide the title of the random image block. it broke the ability to collapse everything below it.

I went back in and configured that module to show its title, and they all work again.

Ace__
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Ace__ » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:46 pm

hdi_man wrote: I can't get this template to work properly.

if I switch off main menu so its just the top navigation I keep getting:

Error loading modules  bar accross the top of pages.

also if I keep main menu on, when I switch pages the main menu drops to the bottom left and doesn't stay where it is.
hmm... I un-enabled the main menu and the horizontal menu still worked fine. I've been playing around with this template for a few days now and the only problems I've had are the _text suffix modules still being collapsible and having the little arrow... and the position box problem which I posted above

BaldrickThe4th
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by BaldrickThe4th » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:11 am

Hi

I suspect this is a typo, but in ja-sosdmenu.css there is a css attribute (if that's the correct term) of "w\idth". This appears twice.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”