Joomla 3.5.1 and PHP 7 in a operating system

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
FreeBrother
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 3.5.1 and PHP 7 in a operating system

Post by FreeBrother » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:07 am

Hi all good folks...

Some time ago I started to play around with Joomla and I really like it. A few years ago i made my first Linux operating system with joomla OOB. I even "trained" to have a full PHP7 version ready for the release of 3.5 :-)

Now last night i started to make another kind of idea into a reality or at least into a experimental reality and this MIGHT be of interest for some Joomla folks, despite it was not the intention.

What was made is a special kind of distro for mobile internet users where the aim is to strangle as much traffic such as ads, flash, images and more, so that the end user get MORE out of the internet bundle he or she bought.

I did that trough adding some stuff into firefox based in long experience in being a "cheater" in the eyes of mobile internet providers eyes. So the web browser is sort of near text only browser, but in a reversible way.

Then I came to think about most user that uses mobile internet as their primary internet connection, the resource called WiFi chip is not in use.

So i added xampp with PHP7, Joomla 3.5.1 and some neat software that gives YOU the ability to control your computer in a different manner.... In this distro there is desktop icons for turning the webserver on and off, but also desktop icon for making you laptop or PC into a Wireless Access Point(AP).

When you click the "Start AP" icon, your Wifichip(if supported), will let others log onto your PC as a regular AP and get a IP, They can then access your Joomla.

Despite this was meant to be for practical reasons for those that are using only mobile internet, I feel its correct to let the community here know about it...

A download and not so great explanation is available here:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107288

Windows user that like to try it live from a USB can by ease google and use unetbootin to create a bootable USB stick.

You can also burn it and run it from a CD and boot from that, but make sure you use a ISO burning process and not to burn it as if it was a collection of files etc.

Atle

Return to “The Lounge”