Advice needed badly

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
vedtam
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Advice needed badly

Post by vedtam » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi,

I would like to start a photography community. After a few days I managed to find and set up the necessary extensions (kunena, jomsocial, etc), and for the site's template I decided to use ja_purity II because of its clean design.

But for such a community I need too find a nice image slider, for the latest images uploaded by the users. Because of Jomsocial's "new images" feature I started to look for a module that I can combine with it and place in ja_purity's II breadcrumb.

I have checked the 2 "latest images" module that I have found on jomsocial's page but none of them offer the visual qualities I need. Than I found JoomGallery and jXTC's "JomSocial Gallery Wall" module, but some says that it is not compatible with jomsocial 1.8.

So I am helpless, but I need to fix this still. Any suggestion is really, really welcomed. :)

Thanks!

vedtam
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Advice needed badly

Post by vedtam » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:13 pm

No one knows at least a near solution? Comone...static thumbnails diplay of the latest images uploaded by jomsocial users would be ok too (i would customize it later in css), but I can't find anything like this. Any suggestion on the topic is welcomed.

Thanks

rodelo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rodelo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:37 am

It looks like the options you already mentioned (joomgallery & JXTC's) are the only ones available to complete this task. I will suggest you to contact the developers of the extensions to make sure the compatibility issue are not only rumors.

Good luck!

vedtam
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vedtam » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:55 pm

rodelo wrote:It looks like the options you already mentioned (joomgallery & JXTC's) are the only ones available to complete this task. I will suggest you to contact the developers of the extensions to make sure the compatibility issue are not only rumors.

Good luck!

I think I will stick to this solution. Thanks :)

jayblaq
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jayblaq » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:50 pm

JomGallery wall works with 1.8
Jason Nickerson
Site Showcase Team | Capital Team Contributor | JoomlaDay Florida | Joomla Evangelist
http://www.joomlaxtc.com

Return to “The Lounge”