PIS or Moodle Blues

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
TomT
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

PIS or Moodle Blues

Post by TomT » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:02 pm

On a day like this I know why our dear CMS carries the slogan 'Power In Simplicity'. I'm creating my first Moodle template. And it is a rather complicated task. Allthough the HTML of the template is easy enough, there is a tremendous amount of CSS classes*.  Each module has it's own set of classes, distributed between three stylesheets:  lay-out, colors and one for the fonts. Oh, there is a fourth for mozilla browsers.
And because Internet Explorer doesn't understand the idea of the C in CSS very well, I'll have to use all kinds of tricks in these 3000+ lines of CSS.

Today I appreciate the OSM/mambo modules and their suffixes even more  ;D.

* and the html where these classes are defined is generated by the system, only few are in the template html files.

SineMacula
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: PIS or Moodle Blues

Post by SineMacula » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:23 pm

:o

I'm looking at using moodle on one of our sites, and was thinking I need to try to make a template that will allow it to fit better with our recently-named-but-not-yet-announced CMS site. But I don't have near the skill (or time) to deal with 3000+ lines of CSS!

Guess I'll have to see if the penny pincher can come up with some more $$ to have someone help out if we do decide to implement!  :-\

Return to “The Lounge”