Need Help - Hurricane Katrina Scripting-Please

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.

What domain do you like?

dsphone.org (dsphone.com)
85%
dspp.org
8%
other
8%

Total votes: 13

joomlasolutions_JB
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Need Help - Hurricane Katrina Scripting-Please

Post by joomlasolutions_JB » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:10 pm

im still up over here... send me FTP access via email to : jb AT mambosolutions DOT com

I will take a look
Joomla! Template Shop www.joomlathemes.org

Joomla Template Club
templateclub.mambosolutions.com

joomlasolutions_JB
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by joomlasolutions_JB » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:14 pm

looks ok now, css is loading. 

working on a couple banners also...

Joomla Template Club

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:18 pm

Guider - You go right ahead and make the banner.  If it's like the previous banner posted, make the background a bright yellow with red or black (Or combination) text.

Peter, I just sent you the login info for cpanel/ftp

Jon I also sent user/pass to you too.  The mambo admin login is the same.

I think it's time for everyone to register as actual users and upgrade yourselves to super admin to keep us from overwriting each other.  That cool?

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:27 pm

If anybody else needs the cpanel/ftp user/pass, msg peter or myself.

If you are working on something and want to experiment, use the http://209.59.182.41 site, and we'll use the actual url, for working stuff.  UNLESS it's going to be too much of a pain to move it around.  Just a thought, not mandatory.

There is a news story on the site saying a bus overturned and killed one.  God, these poor people need a break.

Peter Koch
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Peter Koch » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:43 pm

Im making good progress with the import program.

I will do some testimports first. Before we go live we should wipe the table and get a fresh snapshots from curchofthe.net, CNN and MSNBC.

We should contact the MSNBC and CNN site admins and ask if they would link back to disastersearch.org as soon as we are prepared instead of continuing separate lists.

joncutrer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joncutrer » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:46 pm

I have created two forwarders AT disastersearch DOT org.  devteam and contact.  Currently both accounts forward to Scott, Peter, and Myself.

I will add the contact AT disastersearch DOT org to the contact page on the website for any inquiries.

If any contributors would like to be included please send an request to the email address and I will add you.

guider
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by guider » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:48 pm

Maybe this can help...

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:51 pm

Good idea Peter,

Huge question to solve.

How do we define permissions/groups to give everone access to what they need and no access to what they don't need?

Refugees
Medical Personell
Volunteers
Refugee Centers

Any thoughts??

Am uploading freemed medical records now.  Will configure a seperate db for the time being.

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:52 pm

guider - looks great.  Thanks!

guider
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by guider » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:56 pm

You're welcome. Better get this off the ground fast, and even more important - make it reach the audience. Mailing CNN wouldn't be much good I think, better play this message through to influantial people. Talk about a customly developed database by a bestselling Mambo developer, that should open eyes that this is not some lame scamsite.

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:07 am

Guider, your right, and thats why I was so absent all day today.  I went to US Congressman Ron Paul's offices, and told them what I was doing, how I was doing it, and that there were great people all over the globe helping me.

The Congressman was not in, but his aid stared at me slack jawed, then picked up the phone and contacted the head representative for my region at FEMA (The Federal Emergency Management Administration).  She started in about how much this would cost, and when I smiled and said that I wanted nothing, it created instant credibility.

I honestly don't know if they will support what we are doing or not.  But we have their attention.  If we can provide them with something solid, it could seriously become a model that is used worldwide to help someone else in need.

Were far from ready though, theres still lot's to do.  Regardless of what happens, I can't remember the last time I was so impressed with a group, as I am with the users here.  Your all awesome.  Keep up the good work.

guider
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by guider » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:12 am

Feel free to email me should you need some other ways of expression... I suggest making the system work, and nothing more fancy then that, time is running low. Goodluck.

joncutrer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joncutrer » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:13 am

I will be away for a few hours...

MyMail LTD. (A IP company I do work for) has pleadged financial support for the project.  What do we need?  I would assume a server, has anyone had success contacting EV1 or others?  

Another coworker of mine is in contact with many dallas corps including EDS, Intuit, VIA, and Compaq.  They are working in the DFW area to setup Internet infrastructure and terminals at refuge centers.  As you may know many refugees are being redirect there since Houston is pretty full.

They will promote the project once going and are willing to work together.

What do we need for this project? Please let me know!

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:20 am

Thats fantastic Jon, really incredible, it will go a long way towards helping give me the credibility needed to sell this to FEMA.

I'll contact EV1, they are local to me.  I'll do it now.  I'll be back in a bit, and will let you know whats up with them.

joomlasolutions_JB
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by joomlasolutions_JB » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:27 am

here my first banner effort.

also i published your banner on the site Guider...

i will next get some copy/paste code together so other people can easily add these banners to their own sites...

JB

Joomla Template Club

joomlasolutions_JB
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by joomlasolutions_JB » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:43 am

when we get this thing live, we need to send an email to [email protected] and maybe we can get some press...

lets get a list together of other places to contact and spread the word, once we are ready.

Joomla Template Club

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:57 am

I've sent email to EV1, requesting they contact me to discuss hosting the project.

I'll prepare a press release and see if the Congressman can issue a joint release.  I promise, it'll get massive support and worldwide coverage if they are on board.

I have not seen any responses to my group/permissions question.  We have to address this for the site to be successful, and make sense for everyone. 

I really need thoughts from everyone please.

guider
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by guider » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:02 am

I updated the version I put up earlier. It's more of an attentionseeker and includes the new URL.

Peter Koch
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Peter Koch » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:02 am

Ok, I have now imported the MSNBC and CNN lists.

You may go and check a bit and tell me if there are issues other that the ones I allready found:

- The query needs to be limited to something reasonable, otherwise the server and the bandwidth
  may get blocked if people run many large queries together. I'm goin to limit it to 100 hits for a start,
  we can allways adjust.

- Viewing/editing detail records where the searcher is empty is a bit difficult at the moment because of
  the validation you cannot switch to page 2 at empty entryfields. I'm going to make the validation
  only when entering new records.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

guider
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by guider » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:10 am

scott717 wrote: Good idea Peter,

Huge question to solve.

How do we define permissions/groups to give everone access to what they need and no access to what they don't need?

Refugees
Medical Personell
Volunteers
Refugee Centers

Any thoughts??

Am uploading freemed medical records now.  Will configure a seperate db for the time being.
I really wonder about the medical part, isn't that violating privacy? If it is, it should be left out and forgotten. I'm not too clear right now, goodluck on considering permissions. I'll put up some of my thoughts when I get up.

joomlasolutions_JB
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by joomlasolutions_JB » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:15 am

scott717 wrote: Good idea Peter,

Huge question to solve.

Refugees
Medical Personell
Volunteers
Refugee Centers

Any thoughts??

Am uploading freemed medical records now.  Will configure a seperate db for the time being.
i have an idea for this: MAL component ( MamboAccess Levels) this is a commercial mambo component ( $100 i think) that lest you add custom user groups and replaces the mambo main menu witha MAL main menu so you can in effect limit people to certain pages. i f you are talking about restricting the front end access that  is. If you mean limiting backend access, then not sure if MAL will do it. I will ask John Long, MAL developer.

Joomla Template Club

Peter Koch
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Peter Koch » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:22 am

scott717 wrote: I have not seen any responses to my group/permissions question.  We have to address this for the site to be successful, and make sense for everyone. 

I really need thoughts from everyone please.
For the existing forms I can restrict change of records to admins (like allready for the delete function).

If we would allow only registred visitors to enter person records, apply for volunteer work and offer shelter we restrict update and delete to the creator (and admins), however especially now in the hot phase that may hinder many people without mailaccounts to register.

To find solutions for the other topics as medical records, I currently dont know enough to make a proposition. (by what component will they be accessed?).

Edit:

JB's proposition seems for me a good option.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

JayDee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JayDee » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:28 am

wowsers...this thread and all of you have really come together...way to go guys....

Great job, to be commended.

Thank you again Peter for the printable list!
I wish my CongressPEOPLE, or even other officials here in Louisiana would help us...

We seem to be coordinating on our own...

Even Red Cross is only passing out food and water in the Largest of towns... our neighborhoods and churches have been feeding all of our evacuees

Keep up the heroic efforts guys! When our children look back at this, the WORST natural disaster in Americas History,  they will see you...working behind the scenes...helping in all ways possible.

I applaude your work.

Jay Dearman
http://www.churchofthe.net
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's all about the bean ... no, no, the COFFEE Bean!

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:35 am

Addressing the medical..

First, I don't know if this can be done in the first place, but I am hoping.  The issue they have at the astrodome is serious.  Since there are no medical records, Dr's, and nurses are basically having to diagnose people over and over, every time they see a patient or a new shift comes in.  

They can't track what meds are being given, or when they should be given.  Who needs what, and why.  What this equates to, is that people are going to die.  

It's chaos, and if there is a way to fix that, I have to try.  It's one of the most important things we can do for the refugees and the people that are trying to help them.  Bottom line is that it will save lives, and help resolve one of the most serious problems they face.

As far as the violating privacy part, thats why this groups/permissions question must be addressed.  There won't be any problems if only medical personnel are given access.  And we should come up with a disclaimer about that too..

We have to think about how each group will get access to this resource, and make it super simple and super easy for all of them to understand and use.  Otherwise it quickly becomes part of the problem.  Nobody wants that.

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:43 am

Peter,

There is no component, perfect world would be to tie the refugee userlist to the medical records and create the records automatically as they are registered.  I'm not holding my breath on that, although I do plan on looking at it.

Second solution as I see it is to use a wrapper, and install the software on the server.  Unfortunately that would mean double data entry, but if thats the way it has to be, then so be it.  If we give them the capability with a little pain involved, it's still better than no capability.

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:48 am

God bless all of you who are dealing with this firsthand JayDee.  Anything I do from this chair pales in comparision to those who are living and dealing with the true reality of this disaster.

Good luck.

joncutrer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joncutrer » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:05 am

scott717 wrote: Peter,

There is no component, perfect world would be to tie the refugee userlist to the medical records and create the records automatically as they are registered.  I'm not holding my breath on that, although I do plan on looking at it.

Second solution as I see it is to use a wrapper, and install the software on the server.  Unfortunately that would mean double data entry, but if thats the way it has to be, then so be it.  If we give them the capability with a little pain involved, it's still better than no capability.
In my pasting experience setting up VPNs for hospitals and clinics, HIPAA requires all medical records to be transmitted over a 128bit encrypted connection.  With that said I think we should push forward and install the freemed software on a separate namespace or subdomain for the use by the physicians and doctors out in the field.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemed

Peter Koch
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Peter Koch » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:10 am

scott717 wrote: Peter,

This could be easy done by adding more pages to the registration form, and those pages could only be seen/edited by a limited set of people.

However could you give me some more input how the record layout shall be? It could vary from one single large textarea to whatever.....

joomlasolutions_JB
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by joomlasolutions_JB » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:22 am

4.30am here now, I am going to hit the sack, i am beat.  I will get back tommorow about the user access.

Joomla Template Club

scott717
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by scott717 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:24 am

Peter, you should be in bed... damn man!

Go to..

http://www.freemed.info/freemed/index.php

login demo, password demo.

Go to the patients pulldown, and click on new.  Click on the tabs.  This program is very rudimentary, I have a client that is a board certified pediatrician, I'll ask what else should be there.

Return to “The Lounge”