Best E-Commerce Shopping Cart?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
mlipscomb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Best E-Commerce Shopping Cart?

Post by mlipscomb » Thu May 06, 2010 11:19 pm

WebJIVE wrote:The downside to Virtuemart is the development has stopped again and the forums are only really good for some user to user support.
Where does this information come from? The VirtueMart project is in active development with version 1.5 currently being developed and version 1.1.5 being released shortly.
~Matt Lipscomb
http://www.USAFreelancers.org
Professional Joomla! Services and Web Development based in the USA

ralfeez
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ralfeez » Thu May 06, 2010 11:39 pm

One of the drawbacks of a public forum, is that anyone can post anything. I just take everything I read and do my own research.
thank you for the update,
Ralph
http://www.Nnvent.com Innovation, Design, Develop - web design, web applications, custom extensions

WebJIVE
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by WebJIVE » Fri May 07, 2010 3:16 am

@mlipscomb VM = No blog updates, no communications. Other accomplished devs have said the same thing publicly including the dev from nonumber.nl recently on Twitter. VM isn't the only opensource project where devs are busy coding and not responding to support requests. I do the same but, I do communicate via blogs and twitter on what's going on. Like most devs, we all can dig through the code and fix most things but, not the average Joomla users/admin.

Perception is everything.
Little Rock SEO, Arkansas Web Design, Hosting, and Review Management
http://www.web-jive.com

WebJIVE
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by WebJIVE » Fri May 07, 2010 3:37 pm

It seems I had my information wrong about JHShop being based on OSCommerce. It's actually based on Opencart (http://www.opencart.com).

crucialclick
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by crucialclick » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:36 pm

My vote is for IXXOCart. Integrates with Joomla, price is reasonable and they really do offer good support.

IXXO Cart is originally developed off Pinnacle Cart, which is a solid platform. They keep adding new stuff often and the developers have a commercial interest in keeping it moving forward. They just added drop shipping which is awesome as well as Amazon fulfillment services integration.

Fact is, IXXO is a better option that VirtueMart hands down - if something goes wrong you just email their support and they fix it. Plus IXXO has vastly more features built right in. If I'm spending the time and effort to build a shopping cart platform with intentions on making money, the cost of a commercial platform is trivial and quite frankly, I want support when I need it.

I've used VirtueMart twice and got bit, never again. It's a nice product, I highly appreciate the work done on it, but it's just too risky when doing commercial work.

IXXO also has "IQ Cart" - which is a port of PrestaShop - another top notch ecommerce platform, and this is much cheaper too.
------------------------------------------------------------
Custom Joomla! Templating and Site Building
Latest Crucial Click Joomla! Creation: FCCHI
Best Name Badges - Name Tags
Fusion Badge - Name Badges

ooffick
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ooffick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:32 am

May I remind everybody that this forum is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement or to be a 'wall of shame'. Please settle your disputes in private.

Olaf
Olaf Offick - Global Moderator
learnskills.org

WebJIVE
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by WebJIVE » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:37 pm

@ooffick, agreed but, this was some good information to have since we were very close to purchasing the multi-vendor version of IXXO cart for a client. This gives us great pause because the last thing I want my clients in the middle of, is a legal dispute over code and the possibility of having to take a site down.

This is very disconcerting news, especially for the multi-vendor solution and for the Joomla ecommerce ecosystem period. Did the post get deleted?

PinnacleCart
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by PinnacleCart » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Olaf,

my apologies for not following the rules. I wasn't attempting to settle a disagreement but to only post a buyer beware type profile on ixxo cart. There is a fine line here between your statements and the facts of the situation.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mike

WebJIVE
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by WebJIVE » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 pm

@PinnacleCart - I'm sorry to hear that there's a legal dispute here since IXXO multi-vendor is the only real solution (and a very robust one), for my clients who need the full Joomla integration.

This leaves us no choice but to fund a competing product to meet this market need.

crucialclick
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by crucialclick » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:30 pm

Any dispute between IXXO and Pinnacle is for them to deal with. Right now we are only hearing one side of the story from Pinnacle, so I'd proceed with caution as far as taking any sort of sides.

I can only talk from experience and the IXXO Multi-Vendor edition works very well. We use it on one of our sites. We also use IXXO Plus.

Their support has always been pretty good for us and the product is rock solid.

Also, I spoke with IXXO about the situation, and they claim that Pinnacle hasn't provided code updates to them for the last 3 years, which is why much of the current IXXO Cart's code is fully custom developed by IXXO and other than the skin (which is changing soon as well), the underlying code is very much their own. Heck, I don't even think PinnacleCart has multi-vendor or Amazon Fulfillment Services. The person had no idea about any legal disputes though.
------------------------------------------------------------
Custom Joomla! Templating and Site Building
Latest Crucial Click Joomla! Creation: FCCHI
Best Name Badges - Name Tags
Fusion Badge - Name Badges

ooffick
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ooffick » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:48 pm

PinnacleCart wrote:Olaf,

my apologies for not following the rules. I wasn't attempting to settle a disagreement but to only post a buyer beware type profile on ixxo cart. There is a fine line here between your statements and the facts of the situation.
Hi Mike,
There might be a fine line, however it was a "Wall of Shame" post therefore I deleted it! Please do not create Wall of Shame posts.

Olaf
Olaf Offick - Global Moderator
learnskills.org

hostingmetro
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hostingmetro » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I've tried OSCommerce and CubeCart before.. out of the two I prefer OSCommerce. I'll have to give virtuemart a try though! :D

shinta2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shinta2 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:27 am

I use IXXO Plus and was pretty happy with them until I found out that they don't let you download *any* versions of their software after your "free upgrade period" expires, including versions that you had access to in the past that were released during your "free upgrade period."

For example, I purchased IXXO Plus a little more than a year ago. Recently I needed to download one of the previous versions of their software that I had access to earlier in the year, but when I logged in, I found out that all the download links were disabled. Apparently you have to pay for another year of upgrades if you want to re-download the software you had purchased earlier. I guess it's okay if you've saved the zip files from before, but in my case, I hadn't, and now I can't re-install or even replace damaged files without essentially paying for the software a second time.

dado023
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dado023 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi all :)

i need cart than can do this(payed or open source)

i need following feature:

Serial Numbered Products

Applying serial numbers(cdkeys) to products.
For example: You can create serial numbered digital download products for software or phone cards.

When customers purchase your serial numbered products they get an email with the serial numbers they have purchased but only once they have paid. After the serial is purchased it goes out of sale.

Is there any cart that can do as described above?
Thanks

I forgot to mention: Seber cart can do this, but is there an alternative. I am under impression sebercart is not mature yet. Sebercart has great pottential, beacuse there is not a lot to do to make it perfect cart for joomla. Sebercart could make a fortune if they tune it up a bit.

WebJIVE
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by WebJIVE » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:03 pm

@dado023 - There are a lot of good programmers who could add this to JHShop or Virtuemart for you. I have had programmers do some work for me on both. My latest push is to move our future ecomm work towards JHShop. The developer at jhshop.info is excellent and based the cart on the very cleanly coded opencart (MVC) so, it's easy to extend and debug.

dado023
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dado023 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:08 pm

i had a programmer who did this cheap(15eur) for me for VM 1.1.3, so i guess this isn't to hard, but i just want to move away from VM, because its development is slow, while joomla doesn't wait for any extension......virtuemart is just one big [ censored ]*, no offense please.

Maybe JHShop could be next big thing, considering it is based on OpenCart

Today i have contacted folks at OpenCart, and they say it isn't a problem to implement what i need, they says they could do it in a day.

I will keep an eye on JHShop...but also, i am now in developer program(1year) of SeberCart, so i will see how it goes...if they just could tune and speed it up a bit it would be ultimate.

I'll need to convert my site during next month, so i will have to choose carefully, because it is a long term decision.

Thank for reading

*http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... [ censored ]

dado023
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dado023 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:23 pm

i found this:
http://www.soft-php.com
http://www.soft-php.com/joomla-opencart ... ation.html
Did anyone try it. What is it comparing to JHShop?

Maybe bridge would be more convenient since opencart is developing and updating.
For example latest version is full of bug fixes:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... &blog_id=9

Does JHShop always implement latest version of OpenCart?

cheers

WebJIVE
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by WebJIVE » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Jhsop has features oprncart doesn't along with being a native joomla component. Bridges often lead to sync issues.

wmena
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wmena » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Oh... sooo many choices... making my head spin.

Have a client who wants e-commerce. Asked client to make a wishlist of ecommerce needs/requirements. This is what I received:

Gift registry
Gift certificates
Promo code option
Notify when back in stock option
Multiple pics per item
"you may also like" options when viewing an item
Option that people may email the item to someone
Recently viewed items off to the side
Wishlist option
Option that people can "like" an item
Inventory tracking/management -If possible.

Anything out there to fits the bill?

IXXO received some real bad reviews early... so I'm wondering how things are now.
How do JHSHOP, IXXO, and RedShop compare? Those are 3 I'm considering so far.

dado023
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dado023 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:43 pm

i would recommend you to try sebercart

cheers
wmena wrote:Oh... sooo many choices... making my head spin.

Have a client who wants e-commerce. Asked client to make a wishlist of ecommerce needs/requirements. This is what I received:

Gift registry
Gift certificates
Promo code option
Multiple pics per item
Wishlist option

IXXO received some real bad reviews early... so I'm wondering how things are now.

wmena
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wmena » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:59 pm

I'll take a look at that... but unfortunately, the online demo does not work. Not a good sign.

dado023
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dado023 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:19 pm

wmena wrote:I'll take a look at that... but unfortunately, the online demo does not work. Not a good sign.
hm, to be honest, i have never tried to use their demo....
i meant to test it on your own web-hosting ;)...it is more reliable, since your server configuration is different.....

wmena
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wmena » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:33 pm

So you use it, like it, and can confirm that it does most/all of what I need?

dado023
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dado023 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Code: Select all

i am using jommla and sebercart + stock manager, because it gives me ability to sell serial numbers, license codes...etc
There is no cart that can manage serials by default, only seber cart can do it, so that is why i decided to go with seber cart.
it would be best for you to post your query to their forum,

regarding support, they will mostly solve all your problems, if you have any, within few days....for free of course

aresvista
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aresvista » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Hello chaps, you can approach this from a different angle. In case you do not need your clients to log in to the non-commerce part of your site, you might be able to run Joomla and the e-commerce solution in paralel. You set up Joomla on your site root and the shop in a sub-folder/sub-domain. From here you will only have make sure the design stays the same (or similar) between the two sites.

ServiceFly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ServiceFly » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Oh... sooo many choices... making my head spin.

Gift registry
Gift certificates
Promo code option
Multiple pics per item
Wishlist option

Try adding:

Drop shipping tracking
Ratings system
Must easy enough for her 10 year old daughter to use

My client gave me this list plus 3 more...

Basically I have run VirtueMart and Tienda before with programmers modifying VM. Both caused complaints by clients about how they were not easy to use. These were non-tech/slow learning curve clients (fact not insult).

Can anyone suggest a cart with an extremely easy interface, even if I have to program features into it?

tresan
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by tresan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:48 pm

Interessting debate - due to forum rules i will not be able to take part i guess but interessting debate :)
Ronni K. G. Christiansen (@redwebdk)
http://www.redcomponent.com/ - One big family of Joomla extentions & templates
http://redweb.dk - Joomla Webdesign & Development
redHOST.dk - 100% Joomla Webhotel - Dansk support med Joomla viden!

csknight
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by csknight » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:20 am

For some of you who have bought IXXO Cart Plus licenses, I'll appreciate if you could help me understand how the license works.

Background :
My client has a working website with a license of IXXO Cart Plus bought in 2007/2008. They requested us to migrate their website to a new web host. After the migration, the shopping cart admin function failed to work as it complains that the license is invalid. I can understand that the license is tied to the domain name and there is a license number installed on the server. Is the license also tied to the host server IP? Is the permanent license not meant to be migrated to a different host?

IXXO gave us 2 options : Buy a new license or they will not answer our enquiries.
Hence, appreciate if any of you who has experience with the product provide us some tips.

Thanks!

ServiceFly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ServiceFly » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:42 pm

I see RedShop hasn't really been discussed here. Anyone have comments on RedShop?

webhostuk
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by webhostuk » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:53 am

Hello,

Magento is also a good script to work on.
https://www.webhostuk.Co.uk/joomla-hosting.html | Best UK Joomla Hosting!
http://www.webhost.US.Com | Best US Joomla Hosting
One click auto installer for Joomla

Return to “The Lounge”