RRRRRttt! Stoppin' the car to say Thank You

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
DesignGuy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

RRRRRttt! Stoppin' the car to say Thank You

Post by DesignGuy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:38 am

We're workin' so hard here that sometimes, I forget to stop and say "thank you" to all the Joomla! community of volunteers - from those putting in 40+ hours a week to 40 minutes - YOU ALL are making a huge difference in peoples' lives by working on Joomla!

From charities, non-profits and loosely organized clubs using Joomla! to hospitals, universities, schools and causes, you're empowering them to make major progress. I see it, and I hope you do too.

From one-man bands to entrepreneurs starting a small business, you're giving them the tools they need, and a leg-up that just a short time ago wasn't even possible. I've seen Joomla! be a major factor for many businesses, helping them go from zero to generating enough capital to hire a full staff, in a matter of a few short years.

From mid-sized businesses to major corporations looking for sensible, cost-effective-yet-incredibly-powerful solutions, your work is helping to uncover their blind eyes which only saw suits holding contracts in-hand as a viable "enterprise" solution...you in JOOMLA! are showing them how business IS getting done today. It's a revolution under way, and you, my friends, are leading the way.

For me, and for my family, and my family's business, as well as my kids' newly forming careers, your work on Joomla! - whether you've put in five minutes of time or five years - YOU are helping my family make progress.

We'll continue to give back, but that doesn't matter as much as stopping to say "thank you" to all the folks - and there are now thousands of you giving in many different ways - who are making a difference here; a REAL, positive difference, that is appreciated. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
John Coonen
Host, CMS Expo Learning & Business Conference - http://CMSExpo.net
Managing Director, The CMS Connection - http://CMSConnection.com
Co-founder, JoomlaChicago

dlarsonarts
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: RRRRRttt! Stoppin' the car to say Thank You

Post by dlarsonarts » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:10 am

I've been learning and using Joomla! for 2 months now, and I want to say thanks. When I post a question (no matter how stupid), I ALWAYS get useful responses. When I'm stumped, someone ALWAYS helps me. The extensions are ALWAYS excellent. I'm pretty darn impressed. Most forums on the 'net are such crap, full of trolls. The Joomla! community is a very together bunch of people. Thanks.

DesignGuy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by DesignGuy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:52 am

Totally agree.
John Coonen
Host, CMS Expo Learning & Business Conference - http://CMSExpo.net
Managing Director, The CMS Connection - http://CMSConnection.com
Co-founder, JoomlaChicago

nigel1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nigel1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 pm

It's so true, this forum has been such an excellent resource for our company. Amazingly, this forum has sustained this same kind of help and support for MANY years. Being moderator of several active forums, I know the time commitment involved in keeping a forum active and useful. It's quite an accomplishment, really -- both Joomla's forum and software.

Thanks!

tomfox
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tomfox » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Here here.

Return to “The Lounge”