display amazon customer reviews on websites through AWS:

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

display amazon customer reviews on websites through AWS:

Post by unleash_it » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:25 pm

display amazon customer reviews on websites through AWS: allowed in US

can we put amazon-customer reviews on private websites

just ran across this statement:

aybe. I wrote the original answer below earlier. I don't have time to look into this right now because I'm no longer on a project concerned with Amazon reviews, but their webpage at Product Advertising API states "The Product Advertising API helps you advertise Amazon products using product search and look up capability, product information and features such as Customer Reviews..." as of 2011-12-08. So I hope someone looks into it and posts back here; feel free to edit this answer.

derived here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/481 ... 51#9451851

so what is the case: just let us know ?

Well there are some plugins out there that do that: eg. for wordpress we can use ScrapeAZon. I guess that it does exactly what many many are loooking for.

cf https://wordpress.org/plugins/scrapeazon/screenshots/

On a shortnote: probably it is not allowed in some states - in others it probalby will be allowed. What do you say..
regards un-leash,
a big fan for ++ 11 years now: With Joomla you can easily create and extend your website: see the site, that offers you ideas & modules - extensions.joomla.org - it lists over 4000 extensions

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: display amazon customer reviews on websites through AWS:

Post by xfsgpr » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:26 am

Well there are some plugins out there that do that: eg. for wordpress we can use ScrapeAZon.

It could be because WP is quite matured in terms of CMS market. Joomla's uptake seems to be very slow but getting there. WP had free hosting for users for as long as I can remember while Joomla is just getting it from late this year if Siteground gets its act in focus to get this on board before Christmas.

Have you searched the JED if it has anything suitable for you? I am tempted to post a link here from third party extensions but I will not because the "Junta" here doesn't like me doing this.

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:23 pm

hello dear xfsgpr

many many thanks for the answer and the hints.
great ideas.

well i wonder if Amazon does allow to get data (of the customer review) on websites!?
what do you think

(at the moment it is not important to look at wp or joomla ) the focus of the question is : is it allowed or not!?
regards un-leash,
a big fan for ++ 11 years now: With Joomla you can easily create and extend your website: see the site, that offers you ideas & modules - extensions.joomla.org - it lists over 4000 extensions

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by xfsgpr » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:14 pm

well i wonder if Amazon does allow to get data (of the customer review) on websites!?
what do you think

As long as you make it clear that the source is amazon and the quotes are not changed in any shape or form as far as wordings or the meaning is concerned then I see no problem in this. Each country has different rules; For example, in UK we are now allowed to copy and edit videos of famous people for a show meant to be humorous or parody. So it is perfectly allowable to take somebody's video and change it so that it becomes a parody for everybody to enjoy.

So the moral of all this is to see each and every case on its own merits.

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:56 am

hello xfxgpr

many many thanks

greetings
unleash
regards un-leash,

RustyJoomla
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by RustyJoomla » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:57 am

Hi @unleash_it, did you ever find a way of doing this on Joomla 3.x?
Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/RustyJoomla
Company Joomla Website - https://storm.agency

Return to “The Lounge”