Trouble showing the new names of the menus [SOLVED]

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 1.5.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

primaxx
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Trouble showing the new names of the menus [SOLVED]

Post by primaxx » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:36 am

Hello, Joomla!-community,

I have just made a fresh install of Joomla! 1.5.1, and added the Norwegian translation, both for the front- and the backend. My experience with Joomla! is as fresh as the installation...

My trouble is that even though I give for instance the menu-item "Main Menu" a new name in the backend, it still keeps showing "Main Menu" in the frontend. I want it to show the Norwegian translation; "Hovedmeny".
I thought this might would be related to me having set Norwegian as the default language, but as far as I understand, that isn't the case, because my changes doesn't show even when using British English as default language.

I have, by the way, the same trouble with the breadcrumbs. I have renamed "home" to "hjem" (Which it actually shows correctly in the main menu), but the breadcrumbs still show "home".

I hope you can forgive my terrible English, and I also hope someone of you can tell me what I'm missing...

Best regards,

Primaxx
translationtrouble.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by primaxx on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lmarino
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: I am having trouble showing the new names of the menus

Post by lmarino » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi all,

i am with the same truble in by website. (http://www.prieda.com) I installed my language packpage (pt-BR_Joomla_1.5_site.zip and pt-BR_Joomla_1.5_admin.zip) and uninstall the Uk language. But all menus and other still in English.

How can i solve that?
I am using rt_novus_j15 template.

Sorry about my english!
Best regards,

primaxx
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: I am having trouble showing the new names of the menus

Post by primaxx » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:21 am

By a coincidence, I figured this out! 8)

If anyone else wonders, the solution is to change it in "Extensions/Modules". Click on the name of the module, and change it from there...

Return to “Language - Joomla! 1.5”