Having different language content in one joomla installation

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 1.5.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

bleustreak1
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Having different language content in one joomla installation

Post by bleustreak1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 am

I would like my website to have a feature where lets say I have An About Us page and there are links in the top for various languages.

He clicks on French and the about us content is provided in french.

I do not want automatic translation like Google translation.

I would like something where there is only one joomla installation and the administrator writes content for various languages there and if he changes the structure of the website it is applicable for all translations.The translations do not chnage the structure just the content.

I understand that joomfish provides a method but in that only predefined data is converted in its language files.

I want different articles to be provided when changing language liek about us for french for english and so on

Is this possible and if so how?
Last edited by imanickam on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5 to Language - Joomla! 1.5

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Having different language content in one joomla installa

Post by imanickam » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:48 am

You could create contents and other objects such as menu and content in native language. There are Multi-lingual content builders that allow you to do this. Some of the extensions are

(a) Joom!Fish - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... 60/details.

(b) Multilang M17n - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... 48/details.

bleustreak1 wrote:I understand that joomfish provides a method but in that only predefined data is converted in its language files.
I am afraid to say that your understanding of how Joom!Fish functions is wrong. Please go through the documents of the extension.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 1.5”