085 - Create a document entitled "How to include Slimbox in your Joomla! Websi

Google's Highly Open Participation Program tries to get young students into Open Source and Joomla! specifically. Everyone is welcome, there are not limits. You can be a coder, documenter, tester, translator to help out. Jump in and start helping!
munit5000
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

085 - Create a document entitled "How to include Slimbox in your Joomla! Websi

Post by munit5000 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:29 pm

Hi,

I'm a high school student working on documenting how a user can install the Slimbox plugin into a Joomla Website. I have no experience with Joomla but am a web designer and have worked with Lightbox, installing it into a couple of my websites. I have knowledge of XHMTL, CSS, Java, Javascript, and some PHP. I am a little busy right now working on a couple other tasks.

A few questions (sorry for any noob questions, haven't done anything with Joomla yet, no prior research):

If it is hard to install Joomla on a website hosted by Godaddy, can someone give me a quick guide of how to do it. (Drupal was easy)
What server side language does Joomla use? What is an XAMPP local host?
What is the color scheme of Joomla?

Thanks
munit5000

Claimed: Nov 28 Due: Dec 12

Google Task

[me=AmyStephen]Changed subject slightly for sorting all threads to match against Google resource  :)[/me]
Last edited by AmyStephen on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: 85 - Create a document entitled "How to include Slimbox in your Joomla! Webs

Post by ianmac » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:51 pm

I'll try to answer some of your questions:

1. Try http://help.joomla.org/content/section/48/302/ for the installation manual.
2.  Joomla! uses PHP on the server side.  XAMPP stands for Apache, MySQL, PHP and Perl.  XAMPP is an easily installable package that sets up a server that can be used to host Joomla!  You can find more info at xampp.org.
3.  The Joomla! logo is at the top of this page and should be considered the colour scheme.

Feel free to ask further questions or for further clarification.

Ian

capkix
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: 085 - Create a document entitled "How to include Slimbox in your Joomla! Websi

Post by capkix » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:38 pm

Joomla! 1.5 runs great on GoDaddy.  There are a couple of normal "gotcha's" and their solutions outlined here:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,224386.0.html

Any problems you run into that aren't address directly by the above thread should be in the 1.5 Installation Forum:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/board,429.0.html

As a final note, be sure you are using the latest nightly build, not the RC3 download!  Many bugs and other hang-ups have been fixed.  For instructions on getting the latest build, see this thread:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,237167.0.html

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your work!!!

All my best,

Nash
Last edited by capkix on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: 085 - Create a document entitled "How to include Slimbox in your Joomla! Web

Post by AmyStephen » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:10 am

munit5000

As a reminder, your task is due on Dec 12. Is there something we can help you with. We would appreciate an status update on your task.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,
Amy :)

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: 085 - Create a document entitled "How to include Slimbox in your Joomla! Web

Post by AmyStephen » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:26 am

Task cancelled. Lack of response; due date passed.

capkix
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: 085 - Create a document entitled "How to include Slimbox in your Joomla! Websi

Post by capkix » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:14 am

:-(  So sad, I really wanted to know how to do this.

Return to “Google's Highly Open Participation Contest”