GHOP is complete, but let's not make this the end!!

Google's Highly Open Participation Program tries to get young students into Open Source and Joomla! specifically. Everyone is welcome, there are not limits. You can be a coder, documenter, tester, translator to help out. Jump in and start helping!
MiCCAS
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

GHOP is complete, but let's not make this the end!!

Post by MiCCAS » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:39 am

Well, GHOP is over.. our prizes are on its way and for one lucky/smart member of our community they'll be taking a trip to Google HQ!

I'm sure I'm not speaking just for myself when I say that GHOP was amazing, and the friendships we've made should continue. Joomla! is an amazing community, so let's keep this going and contribute more than ever!

AmyStephen (won't bother introducing her, we all know/love her!) has just setup a Skype Group Chat room where we can all join up and chat to fellow GHOP entrants!

What do I need to join?
Skype installed and an account to login. This is available for download at http://www.skype.com

How do I join?
It's as simple as visiting http://www.skype.com/share/publicchats/ ... akS7BYut3Q, logging in and joining the chat!

Please remember this chat is moderated, and anyone who stirs up trouble will be removed.
MiCCAS.net Free PC Services

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: GHOP is complete, but let's not make this the end!!

Post by AmyStephen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:45 am

MiCCAS wrote:Please remember this chat is moderated, and anyone who stirs up trouble will be removed.
Oh, drats! I knew I'd get kicked out - but I didn't think it would be THAT quick!

Everyone, please join in with MiCCAS and me. Add one/both of us and we can add you into the chat. Skype is free of charge and you don't have to have a microphone or headsets. We usually just IM. The Group Chat will be open 24 x 7 and we can chat when we have time.

Thanks for everything! You guys ROCK!
Amy :)

MiCCAS
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MiCCAS » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:54 am

FYI my Skype is miccas360 if you'd like to add me, and I will whack you into the group chat (or kindly push you in.. either way, your choice :P)
MiCCAS.net Free PC Services

shantanubala
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by shantanubala » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:55 am

Alright! I'll join in. I've been fairly inactive on the coding after having to deal with two coinciding research papers for classes :-[ Anyways, I'll be glad to join.

Maybe we can all work on something as a group?
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jkids/ Joomla! Kids - the Project aimed at making Joomla! more kid friendly!

Return to “Google's Highly Open Participation Contest”