070 - Create a tri-fold brochure entitled "Joomla! Core Team" with brief profile

Google's Highly Open Participation Program tries to get young students into Open Source and Joomla! specifically. Everyone is welcome, there are not limits. You can be a coder, documenter, tester, translator to help out. Jump in and start helping!
AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: 070 - Create a tri-fold brochure entitled "Joomla! Core Team" with brief pro

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:17 am

In the rules (ours and Googles), Google requires you post your final product (both the .odt and .pdf files) on your google task - the issue page. http://code.google.com/p/google-highly- ... tail?id=70

When you do so, I'll mark the task as complete.

Thanks!
Amy :)

yoniwiz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: 070 - Create a tri-fold brochure entitled "Joomla! Core Team" with brief pro

Post by yoniwiz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:21 am

done  ;D

thanks for all the patience

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:34 am

Thank YOU, Yoni - the patience was on your side. This is the first time for this contest, and I honestly think if we do it again, changes will be required. We have well over 100 students, and nearly 150 tasks. It's honestly too much!

BUT - it is worthwhile. Just this brochure, for example, will likely be used all around the world to help people understand how Joomla! is managed. So, this contribution will make a big difference for us and we very much appreciate you sharing your time and talent with us.

I wish you well, Happy New Year!

yoniwiz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yoniwiz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:58 am

Well I have for one noticed that there are more Joomla! tasks than there are tasks from other organizations and it seems most are managed by you and one other member whereas other groups have assigned a group of many people to each manage a few.

I for one am impressed that you are dedicated enough to be working on this and responding on New Years Eve and other times related to the holidays. But I appreciate it, and thanks again

I enjoyed the task and hopefully we'll cross paths again.

-Yoni

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:05 am

Joomla! is just about ready to roll out a major release that has been in the works for a bit over two years. So, most people are working like crazy on getting that ready to go. I am able to help out with this because I am not helping with the roll out.
Otherwise, more of our GHOP team would be here, too. Timing is everything, isn't it?  :P

It's been great meeting you, too, and I also hope we cross paths, again, as well.

Take care,

PS - if you want to help celebrate this major release, check the URL in my signature, bring a video and join the party!  :pop

Return to “Google's Highly Open Participation Contest”