Support for the completed projects?

Google Summer of Code 2008 discussion forum
eagleshout
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Support for the completed projects?

Post by eagleshout » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:46 pm

While I uncovered some posts in other locations that have fragments of code and downloads, it would be helpful to have a central location where the final release of these projects could be reviewed and downloaded. I've also reviewed the J! Dev forum and the Google downloads and many of the final posts are either incomplete or NOT formatted for a standard Joomla install. Is there an area I'm missing where these are aggregated?

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Support for the completed projects?

Post by Tonie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:18 am

The code is in Subversion, the link for that is: http://joomlacode.org/svn/gsoc2008. You can get the code with a tool like TortoiseSVN (if you are on Windows).

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ianmac » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:16 pm

Have you looked at the blogs on developer.joomla.org? Most have links to the completed projects.

Ian

eagleshout
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by eagleshout » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:00 pm

ianmac wrote:Have you looked at the blogs on developer.joomla.org? Most have links to the completed projects.

Ian
Ian,

Thanks I have looked at those links, even downloaded and installed some, but the package dates and functionality described doesn't seem to match what was detailed in the respective dev blogs. Also, there are no dates on the posts and when you cycle through them it's difficult to determine which posts are the newest. As mentioned I compared package dates to those in google repository and again some of the final posts at google differ from those in the dev forum. Enough said, in terms of project management, this just reminds me of the J! 1.5 template "contest" debacle (affectionately.)
:pop

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:34 am

OK - I *think* Eagleshout might be confusing the Google Highly Open Program with the Google Summer of Code Program. Chris answered his (her?) question in the GHOP threads.

So, Eagleshout, if you are looking at the Developer GSoC Blogs and trying to match to GHOP Contest Results - it will be confusing since these are not the same students or tasks/projects.

BTW - the blogs are in reverse order by date - so - the first blog presented was the last written. Working on the date issue. We had a change made that went further then intended. :P

HTH,
Amy :)

Return to “Google Summer of Code 2008”