Idea:Tagging of Joomla Content

filbar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Idea:Tagging of Joomla Content

Post by filbar » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:35 pm

I have idea, that all content in Joomla would have one or more tags. This tags could be added by author of articles, or by visitors of site. After clicking on tags, then should be displayed all articles with this tags, and Joomla could search articles by this tags.
I mean, that could be usable to make interface for other components to use this tags, so then could be tagged goods in Virtuemart, files in Remository ...
Could be support for tagging part of Google SoC?

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Idea:Tagging of Joomla Content

Post by pasamio » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:39 pm

Building a unified tagging interface would be a cool idea for a project. I'm not sure how deep you go into things to see if it would be enough for an SoC project, perhaps submitting a more detailed proposal of what you intend to do would help with things.
Sam Moffatt
Updater, Installer and Authentication Systems
JoomlaCode Backend Systems
Pie.

oosiris
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by oosiris » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:29 pm

Was thinking of something similar and found http://www.joomla-tags.com.
Has anybody used it in a production system ? is it stable and worth taking a risk (the website mentions to use it at one's own risk :).

</shanky>

filbar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by filbar » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:45 pm

I think, that tag information will be stored for each part of Joomla core and Joomla components. It could be used on simmilar principle as Itemid, but as I know Itemid is based on menu item. It will be unique on each Joomle Item. It could be implemented layer under articles and components or modules. And each joomla item(article or part of component) will have automaticly possibility to have tags.
Tagging in user part will be maked with AJAX. Tags maked with user could be autopublished or can be blocked until administrator publish new tags. Showing tags will be maked with AJAX too, because one user could change tag at Joomla Item, but another user will changed tags on the same article too. For second maner to avoid mistages and mismatching when one user is saving tags on Joomla Items it will be used locking.

teddy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:39 am

What about this one?
It's even free!
http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

EMRhelp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by EMRhelp » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:05 am

There is a Summer of Code project on this.
http://developer.joomla.org/gsoc2008/tags.html

Return to “Proposed projects”