Like to work out for Code 04000 Deploying Triplify

sammanjac
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Like to work out for Code 04000 Deploying Triplify

Post by sammanjac » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:15 am

I was just looking for some projects that I can do and I just came across this project proposal in the Joomla wiki and i would be of help to the project in combining of Triplify to joomla.

I am a web designer and developer has skills in PHP and Mysql and of course knowledge about Joomla.

Do tell me what I have to do further in starting with the project

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Like to work out for Code 04000 Deploying Triplify

Post by AmyStephen » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:13 am

To be honest, we have a very strong application already for Triplify. Are there other areas you might be interested in participating? One area of need is helping with CivicCRM integration. If you have interest in that area, you might want to join the GSoC Joomla! Chat in Skype and talk with Elin Waring and/or Wes Morgan. Of course, there are dozens and dozens of other great ideas, as well.

Thanks for considering participating with Joomla! in GSoc,
Amy :)

topwebs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by topwebs » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:38 am

Is there an extension for Triplify already? I can't seem to find it. Where can I see more information about this "very strong application for Triplify"?
Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
www.TopBusinessWebsites.com
www.TopChurchWebsites.com

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:23 am

Hi Pastor Dan -

Google just extended the application process that was to end today at 5PM PST for one more week. The project proposals from students will obviously not be shared prior to selecting students. Once selected, the students will work over the summer (hence, the name Summer of Code) after which time the results will hopefully be available to the end user community in some form. (Either as a third party extension, as part of core code, or as a learning/research result where the core developers are able to learn from new and emerging technology for future releases.)

If you want to learn more about the Semantic Web, you can read some of the links in this thread, do a Google search for Tim Berners-Lee and Semantic Web, or check out some of the little blogs I have shared on my site (link in signature).

We do have a very promising application in to use Triplify and the candidate has been working towards his PhD in this field for awhile. He is working with a very prestigious research group and has submitted plans that could make a positive difference for Joomla!.

We want as many to participate, as possible, and obviously want to cover a lot of ground, therefore, I thought it only fair to suggest another one of three billion great geeky subjects to delve into.

Hope that helps!
Amy :)

Return to “Proposed projects”