Idea: Contact & Mini Web Directory Component

chantal_b
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Idea: Contact & Mini Web Directory Component

Post by chantal_b » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:54 pm

The project that I would like to propose to GsoC is to build a new and improved Contact & Directory component for Joomla!’s core installation.

The current contact component has not changed since Joomla!’s early days and does not meet the current need of Joomla! users. My plan is to completely transform the current component into a new one that will give users much more flexibility for their sites.

The component will have two main parts to its making: a new & improved Contact component as well as a functional Mini Directory component.

The goal is to develop the current Contact component (information/form page) in which it will then be possible to choose the fields needed for the contact information and the layout (amongst a few layouts) that they want within the administrator.

Secondly, the component will also be a Directory of contacts in which all the contacts can be listed alphabetically and/or by category. It will also be possible to choose the fields that show up for each contact and the layout (amongst a few layouts). By clicking on a contact, the link will point to the contact information/form page for more details or to send a message using the contact form. There will be an option in the parameters of the directory to show a search box in which the viewer will be able to search for a particular contact if the directory has many contacts. A nice feature that I would also like to implement will be the possibility to add many contacts at the same time by uploading a spreadsheet or text file. This will help those who have many contacts to add to their site at once.

I am open to any other ideas you may have.

raaki_88
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Idea: Contact & Mini Web Directory Component

Post by raaki_88 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:48 pm

everything is fine but how do you think that u can improve content and its features

how do plan out

thanks

rakesh

fezzicnex
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Idea: Contact & Mini Web Directory Component

Post by fezzicnex » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 pm

chantal,

Any updates on this project. i went to your website and there is no dowload link to test this code. i would love to try it out on my site. please get back to me.

Return to “Proposed projects”