Wizard used to implement AJAX based functionalities

rajan_vaish
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Wizard used to implement AJAX based functionalities

Post by rajan_vaish » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:36 am

Hello,
I was among the first 3 keen students to post my ideas on the Proposed Ideas thread on Joomla! forum .. I have submitted my Proposal and looking for a mentor ! Also would love to receive comments ,which could improve my Proposal further .thanking you ..
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be creating the GUI of Wizard using QT 4.3.4, GCC 4.2.1 and then using its *.ui file we can further add event handling for each Next buttons of the Wizard. First and foremost I will be implementing functionality of Auto-Suggest using AJAX ,where I have few options like using Mootools (which is one of Joomla!'s choice for implementing JavaScript based functionality )where it can load suggestions from a local object or via XHR from a JSON or XHTML source .Where All classes extend the base class Autocompleter.Base, which provides all basic features to create an Auto Suggest from any provided source. Both, Ajax.Json and Ajax.Json extend Autocompleter.Ajax.Base, which handles the query request and response or perhaps I will be using my own build system where as the wizard runs options are asked like starting with : 1 - Name of the text box where Auto suggest is to be implemented,
2 - PHP page’s name is asked which will be implementing the code,
3 - Span id .
3 - Path of the database is asked to set the connection, by the end of Finish.
The desired code needed for implementing the task with be auto pasted on the PHP and JavaScript pages like the one ( http://w3schools.com/ajax/ajax_source.asp ).The code which will be customized while the Wizard is running will itself be saved in a database for the Wizard and finally retrieved when its about to be pasted . An analogy can be derived from the Wizards used in Visual Studio.NET. Hence building forms will be a very easy task .An additional Filter can be set too for which options in Wizard will be available and after using it, we can use form for Auto – Complete for Name ,Country and many such attributes using a single Search Box with options set by Radio Buttons on the html page.

Other AJAX based functionalities which I will be implementing are VOTING Yes/No Boxes .Such a feature is required in many websites by reducing the time and impact of clicking on things, Ajax applications become a lot more interactive – if it takes a 40 seconds to register a vote, most people would probably pass unless they really care. If it takes 1 second to vote, a much larger percentage of people are likely to vote .I will be adding this functionality using same method as used for Auto Suggest with its own desired code to be pasted, user will be again asked path of database to be connected to, PHP page’s name and the Span id .The event handing will be set on selecting the Radio button for Yes/No and no need for separate Submit button .In fact it will be simpler to implement this than Auto Suggest.

If time remains, many other form based functionalities can be implemented or perhaps I will keep working on them even after GSoC’08 like AJAX based Auto Save and Rapid User to User communication like the one in GMAIL, where viewing threads become very easy and fast. Auto Implementing AJAX based RSS feed viewer is also one of my proposed future idea. Since implementing these features will be more complex in comparison to the one’s mentioned above so I plan to add these ideas in future prospects.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EMAIL/GTALK IM > [email protected]

Return to “Proposed projects”