Configuration.php/model.php/on line 850

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
aaparker2010
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Configuration.php/model.php/on line 850

Post by aaparker2010 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:45 am

Code: Select all

Warning: file_put_contents(D:\Hosting\5141995\html\configuration.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\5141995\html\installation\installer\models\model.php on line 850
I have made it to step 7 and that is at the top. And I have no idea what to do about it?

Schorschi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Configuration.php/model.php/on line 850

Post by Schorschi » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:21 am

Funny, I just ran into the exact same problem.

This is on Godaddy, right?

The error message means that the code is unable to write to the file configuration.php. In the Joomla 1.5 installation manual, which you can find in another thread in this subforum, the "Known Issues and Error Handling" chapter mentions that not being able to write to the file configuration.php is a known issue.

When you go into the Godaddy File Manager you will see that the folder where you installed Joomla is only readable and all its subfolders inherit the permissions from their respective parents. So, you would have to remove the "inherit" flag from all folders that need to be writable and set the "readable" and "writable" flag instead.

However, Godaddy offers a semi-automatic installation procedure for Joomla 1.5, which saves you from all this hassle.

To do that go into the Godaddy Control Center and click on the "Your Applications" area, open the "Content Management" category and click on "Joomla." Click on the "Install Now" button. Follow the instructions.

hemgoyal_1990
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Configuration.php/model.php/on line 850

Post by hemgoyal_1990 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:15 am

I also have the same problem but am find an solution for this problem.

Follow the below instructions for solving this problem:
1). Create an Blank Configuration.php file before installing Joomla and Install Joomla.
2). after complete installing of joomla open your FTP account and find for Configuration.php-dist & Configuration.php file in joomla root folder.
3). Download these files in your local computer and open it via notepad and copy Configuration.php-dist file matter in Configuration.php file and modify site name, offline message, database type, host name, db username, db password, db name in required fields and save it.
4). upload the Configuration.php file again in joomla root folder and remove installation Directory.
5). all Done. Now Run Your website.

This is Work 100% and tested by me.

Sorry for my Poor English Sentence.

Thanking You.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”