Installation Directory not deleting

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Anuoluwa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Installation Directory not deleting

Post by Anuoluwa » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:36 am

I am having an issue where I get all the way to the final screen of installing Joomla, and it tells me Joomla has been successfully installed, and that I should delete the installation folder. I try to, but it deosn;t let me delete it. Also, at the top of the "successful installation" page, I see the following:
Warning: file_put_contents(D:\Hosting\3837441\html\site\configuration.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\3837441\html\site\installation\installer\models\model.php on line 850
Any help please?
Anu Ekunwe
www.ppmprep.com
Professional Offering Documentation Preparation

Antares19
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Installation Directory not deleting

Post by Antares19 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:14 pm

I can't delete installation either... :(

summ22e
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by summ22e » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:00 pm

That is funny, I get to the final page of installing joomla! and it says:

PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMPLETELY
REMOVE THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY.
You will not be able to proceed beyond this point until the installation directory has been removed. This is a security feature of Joomla!.
Click here when the directory has been removed.

I removed it from my root folder and tried to (click here), nothing. I read a forum that said to try to rename your configuration.php-dist to configuration.php. I have done this and it still did not take me to my website. I even deleted the configuration.php contents, left it's name and reuploaded it using my ftp and still it says the same. Has anyone found a solution to this message or have suggestions. I greatly appreciate any insight!
:)
S-

Anuoluwa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Anuoluwa » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 am

Ok, so here is what I came up with. I was hosting with Godaddy on a Windows Operating system with IIS 7. I called Godaddy and changed my operating system to Linux, tried installing again, and this time, it all worked great. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Anu Ekunwe
www.ppmprep.com
Professional Offering Documentation Preparation

GODADDY
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by GODADDY » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:48 am

Thanks for posting your resolution! I thought I would add to it by sharing the help article on how to change your operating system.

http://help.godaddy.com/article/1285

squishyalt
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by squishyalt » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:15 am

summ22e wrote:That is funny, I get to the final page of installing joomla! and it says:

PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMPLETELY
REMOVE THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY.
You will not be able to proceed beyond this point until the installation directory has been removed. This is a security feature of Joomla!.
Click here when the directory has been removed.

I removed it from my root folder and tried to (click here), nothing. I read a forum that said to try to rename your configuration.php-dist to configuration.php. I have done this and it still did not take me to my website. I even deleted the configuration.php contents, left it's name and reuploaded it using my ftp and still it says the same. Has anyone found a solution to this message or have suggestions. I greatly appreciate any insight!
:)
S-
Since this is about IIS and Joomla, let's try a solution that keeps the thread in that vein.

First, if you are doing a clean install and have just copied Joomla 1.5.10 to your site's root folder, create a blank file named "configuration.php" in your site's root folder (where you see "configuration.php-dist") and assign IUSR_ServerName READ & WRITE permissions to the file. You can even delete "configuration.php-dist" if you like.

Second, right click your site's root folder and assign IUSR_ServerName MODIFY permission for your site.

Run your installation routine.

Now delete your installation directory and continue setting up your site.

If you are having trouble actually deleting any file from your server (due to another process having control of it) download and install Unlocker (http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/unlocker1.8.7.exe) on your server. You will then be able to right click any file and unlock and delete it - no matter what process is using it.

Have fun!
It is never too late to be what you might have been.
- George Eliot

diverso
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by diverso » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:43 am

Thank you "squishyalt" your solution seem to work just fine here, I had the same bug for two days in a row couldn't solve but I did as told uploaded the blank configuration.php changed the permissions to read write and exec and now everything is working fine! Thanks so much!

auzmartist
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by auzmartist » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Yeah squishyalt knows his stuff. As I remember, I needed to do the same when installing Joomla 1.5 on IIS. It took me two attempts but I finally got all my ducks in a row.

smaunder
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by smaunder » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:45 am

I am having the same problem on Windows server using IIS.

The installation folder doesn't delete so I do it manually. However after restarting IIS the site works fine but I cant login to the administrator section. When i try i get the 404 Component Not Found error.

I am not sure whether it is a installation, seo or joomla problem so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have another site on the same server that works fine and have copied the URL Rewrites for that site as well as every other IIS setting but that doesnt help.

Thanks

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”