The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:39 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Hello,

Hopefully someone of you can help me ...
I have the following problem;
I have a Windows 2008 R2 Standard furnishings such as a Web server with PHP and MySQL.
Now I want to use PHP 5.3.3. But when I want to install Joomla 1.5.20 in combination with PHP 5.3.3 or 5.3.2 then the configurationfile is not writable.
There are various possibilities on the Internet where people solve this through making a configuration file with the appropriate rights. Unfortunately this does not work for me.
What strikes me is that when I go back to PHP 5.2.14 and start an installation of Joomla, that the configurationfile is writable.
I can also set FTP rights on the Joomla folder, and it will work, but I think it should be without.
So, had anyone of you also this problem and had found a good solution for it?

Quote:
Do you use dedicated server or shared hosting?

A get around solution is add everyone read-write permission to complete install process then remove the permission.

A proper fix is grant IIS guest user of the website read-write permission.

Quote:
I use a dedicated server. I run my own server...

The 'The get around solution' did the trick. The file is writable or can be created. As you also mentioned, this is not a wanted situation.
I've already granted the IIS user the modify rights, but that didn't help...

So now is the question, who or what does the 'everyone - write/modify' rights allow?

Regards,
Ruud