Unable to Upload/Install Components after Server Migration

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jramsden
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Unable to Upload/Install Components after Server Migration

Post by jramsden » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Problem Description :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.0) : 15th January 2012 wrote:Unable to Install Components
Log/Error Message :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.0) : 15th January 2012 wrote:Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.
Actions Taken To Resolve by Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.0) 15th January 2012 wrote:I have checked the PHP.ini and Configuration.php files as well as permissions all seem to be set appropriately.

When I upload the package file the website appears to timeout and returns the error noted above. I have access to the server and can see that the .zip file is uploaded to the tmp directory and starts to extract but then stops for some reason. There are no errors in the PHP error log. Clearly I am overlooking something along the way.
Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.0) : 15th January 2012 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 1.5.9-Production/Stable (Vatani) 9-January-2009
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Writable (666) | Owner: 0 (uid: /gid: ) | Group: 0 (gid: ) | Valid For: 1.5
Configuration Options :: Offline: 0 | SEF: 1 | SEF Suffix: 0 | SEF ReWrite: 1 | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: 1 | Cache: 0 | FTP Layer: 0 | SSL: 0 | Error Reporting: -1 | Site Debug: 0 | Language Debug: 0 | Database Credentials Present: Yes

Host Configuration :: OS: Windows NT | OS Version: 6.1 | Technology: i586 | Web Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5 | Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch | Doc Root: | System TMP Writable: Yes

PHP Configuration :: Version: 5.2.5 | PHP API: cgi-fcgi | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: | Error Reporting: 6143 | Log Errors To: C:\Windows\Temp\php-5.2.5_errors.log | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: 1 | Safe Mode: | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 1000M | Max. POST Size: 1000M | Max. Input Time: 3600 | Max. Execution Time: 3600 | Memory Limit: 1000M

MySQL Configuration :: Version: 5.1.43-community (Client:5.0.45) | Host: --protected-- (--protected--) | Collation: latin1_swedish_ci (Character Set: latin1) | Database Size: 911.95 KiB | #of _FPA_TABLE: 60
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: bcmath () | calendar () | com_dotnet (0.1) | ctype () | session () | filter (0.11.0) | ftp () | hash (1.0) | iconv () | json (1.2.1) | odbc (1.0) | pcre () | Reflection (0.1) | date (5.2.5) | libxml () | standard (5.2.5) | tokenizer (0.1) | zlib (1.1) | SimpleXML (0.1) | dom (20031129) | SPL (0.2) | wddx () | xml () | xmlreader (0.1) | xmlwriter (0.1) | cgi-fcgi () | curl () | gd () | mbstring () | mcrypt () | mssql () | mysql (1.0) | mysqli (0.1) | soap () | gettext () | openssl () | xmlrpc (0.51) | zip (1.4.0) | ionCube Loader () | Zend Engine (2.2.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions :: suhosin |

Switch User Environment (Experimental) :: PHP CGI: Yes | Server SU: No | PHP SU: Yes | Custom SU (Cloud/Grid): No
Potential Ownership Issues: Maybe
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (777) | components/ (777) | modules/ (777) | plugins/ (777) | language/ (777) | templates/ (777) | cache/ (777) | logs/ (777) | tmp/ (777) | administrator/components/ (777) | administrator/modules/ (777) | administrator/language/ (777) | administrator/templates/ (777) |

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Unable to Upload/Install Components after Server Migrati

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Relocated the topic to the Joomla 1.5 on IIS Server.

Your Joomla version is old. Current version is 1.5.25

Otherwise I cannot see anything out of order.

Was the server you migrated from also IIS?

jramsden
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jramsden » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:46 pm

My apologies for the wrong topic location.

Yes. The previous server was IIS but it was Windows 2003 / IIS6 and the new server is Windows 2008 / IIS7.

I had to fix a few things to get the site running after the move and now everything else works with the exception of uploading, unpacking and installing packages of any kind. I'm unable to see what the issue might be. I'll try upgrading to the latest 1.5 release of Joomla to see if that might help.

jramsden
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jramsden » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:07 pm

I have upgraded to the latest release of Joomla (1.5.25) and the issue remains.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Do the Windows 2003 / IIS6 and the Windows 2008 / IIS7 handle rewrite differently ?
The IIS7 module configures and stores its rules in a very different way than the format Apache provides via .htaccess. The rules are stored as XML data in the web.config file in a website's root. The IIS Management Console provides a GUI and wizard for creating and testing rules. The wizard is capable of reading a text file with .htaccess-type rules and converting them to the native format.
http://docs.joomla.org/IIS

Best guess look at the web.config
???
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

jramsden
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jramsden » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Webdongle wrote:Do the Windows 2003 / IIS6 and the Windows 2008 / IIS7 handle rewrite differently ?
The IIS7 module configures and stores its rules in a very different way than the format Apache provides via .htaccess. The rules are stored as XML data in the web.config file in a website's root. The IIS Management Console provides a GUI and wizard for creating and testing rules. The wizard is capable of reading a text file with .htaccess-type rules and converting them to the native format.
http://docs.joomla.org/IIS

Best guess look at the web.config
???
Yes, Windows 2003/IIS6 and Windows 2008/IIS7 handle rewrite differently. I already found the link above and installed the URL re-write recommendations mentioned prior to posting this issue. I'll double check the configs.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Googling 'Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE):' brings up a lot about Google chrome. Could the problem be Browser related ? Perhaps the Browser is following old paths it has cached ?
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

jramsden
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jramsden » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:52 pm

@Webdongle. I thought the same thing but I get the same timeout issue whether I use Chrome, IE, or Firefox. Very strange.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”