Use another user other than IUSR?

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
theU2011
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Use another user other than IUSR?

Post by theU2011 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Is there any way to set up Joomla through another user other than IUSR?

I am having a little issue with my server. I was tasked with coming up with a website for my schools band (university of miami) that would allow us to manage all of our students, as well as let them do their room and bus assignments online. I created a nice looking site in Joomla that has all of this functionality, and working via XAMPP on my desktop computer.. however..

When i went to transfer the files over to the main server on campus, i noticed that i could not add any new components, nor modify any files through the backend due to IUSR_ not having sufficient privileges. After talking to the IT on campus, they told me that we could not enable IUSR to the privileges that we would need due to "security issues", although they created a new user for myself to use.

theU2011
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Use another user other than IUSR?

Post by theU2011 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:19 pm

As a clarification, this is a Windows 2003 server, and I have a different user account on the server with the access I need... It's just a matter of finding out if I can point Joomla to that different account. Any thoughts on this?

speedbird001
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by speedbird001 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:02 pm

I have just encountered this on my local IIS and found that the change has to be made on IIS. On the Joomla folder only the Directory Security permissions have to be changed from IUSR to your new account name there. Now I can modify as I wish.

mmsa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mmsa » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Try this component , i hope it will help

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... YXMiO30%3D

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:07 pm