Error when installing component

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

olaand
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error when installing component

Post by olaand » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Hi, When I try to install a component (in this case SH404sef) I get the following error message. I have looked in component.php but I don't know what to look for really. What is this message telling me? Has it something to do with this installation being on a windows box (clients requirement). The joomla install is a fresh install of the latest 1.5 version.

Warning: JInstallerComponent::require_once(\nas01\nas\m\b\mydomain\web\beta\administrator\components\com_sh404sef\install.sh404sef.php) [jinstallercomponent.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\nas01\nas\m\b\mydomain\web\beta\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php on line 268

Fatal error: JInstallerComponent::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '\nas01\nas\m\b\mydomain\web\beta\administrator\components\com_sh404sef\install.sh404sef.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in \\nas01\nas\m\b\mydomain\web\beta\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php on line 268

Many thanks

mcloide
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Error when installing component

Post by mcloide » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:09 pm

It's simple you are missing a file on your zip package. In this case you are missing the install.sh404sef.php file and without it will not install.

If you know well the component there are 2 ways to fix this. You can remove the association of the file (it may install, but if the file is necessary for the work of the component, it will not work properly) or you can try to download a newer version or one that is complete (best option).

olaand
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by olaand » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:37 pm

thanks for your reply. I find it unlikely that a file is missing from this release but i'll double check the zip package and with the author of the component to rule it out...Also, it happened with another component too - unrelated to this one. both component are tried and tested by others..........

Any other possibilities....?

thanks
Ola

mcloide
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mcloide » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:43 pm

You can do a test, if it does not work probably it will not install as well. Remove the file reference from the xml. This should take care of the issue and let you install.

I would say check the paths. It might be looking for a wrong place after the file has been uploaded.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”