Different SEF URLs between menu and page links

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

smart.1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Different SEF URLs between menu and page links

Post by smart.1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:37 am

Hi

After enabling SEF, renaming .htaccess, correctly setting up aliases for the menu links to display /category-alias/article-alias.html, I find that on the category display pages the artcle list has different urls, with the item-id prepended (like /2-category/5677-articlename.html) - see the attached screen captures compared.

Where can I disable that prepended id? The SEF plugin has no options, section, category and article edit have no options related to this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chabar
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Different SEF URLs between menu and page links

Post by chabar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:02 am

Hi smart,
did you find a solution? I have exactly the same problem and I don't want Google to rate these webpages as duplicate content.
Searching the Forum I was wondering about finding only two non-solved topics related to this issue.

greetings,
chabar

smart.1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by smart.1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:53 am

sorry, but no. and i tried some third party sef engines, but those keep killing the database server, by overloading it with requests. so, for the moment i'm just grinding my teeth.

PavlovaPete
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by PavlovaPete » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:31 am

You are using 1.5 right?

This sounds like a variation on the old itemid issue:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=125365

I was hoping this would be fixed in 1.5. Can I also confirm that this is using the native 1.5 SEF core without any 3rd party extensions?

You could possibly have a look at the core code and alter it for the category listing.

I've just spent a couple of weeks tidying up duplicate titles (caused by case problems) so I can feel your pain :)

Cheers
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=272481 Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool when you post.
Signature rules - Literal URLs Only.

smart.1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by smart.1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:00 am

PavlovaPete wrote:You are using 1.5 right? [...] Can I also confirm that this is using the native 1.5 SEF core without any 3rd party extensions?
1.5, correct, with only the core sef engine, no 3rd party sef anymore (as I said, my host kept locking me out with those, with a "too many sql requests" error)
PavlovaPete wrote:You could possibly have a look at the core code and alter it for the category listing.
I'm not a programmer, I have no idea how to do that :D

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”