Article Email Link not working with SEF enabled

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

ghammond
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Article Email Link not working with SEF enabled

Post by ghammond » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:25 am

Problem Description:
The article email icon link doesn't work with SEF enabled. It opens a pop-up window with the article in it with no formatting. The Print and PDF icon links both work fine.

Actions Taken To Resolve:
I've verified that it works with SEF disabled in global configuration. I\'m not sure what else to do.

Diagnostic Information
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.6 Production/Stable [ Vusani ] 12-August-2008 22:00 GMT
configuration.php: Not Writable (Mode: 444 ) | RG_EMULATION: N/A
Architecture/Platform: Linux 2.6.22.10-NETSOL ( i686) | Web Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 ( http://www.boulderimage.net ) | PHP Version: 5.2.6
PHP Requirements: register_globals: Enabled | magic_quotes_gpc: Enabled | safe_mode: Disabled | MySQL Support: Yes | XML Support: Yes | zlib Support: Yes
mbstring Support (1.5): Yes | iconv Support (1.5): Yes | save.session_path: Writable | Max.Execution Time: 30 seconds | File Uploads: Enabled
MySQL Version: 5.0.45 ( 205.178.146.72 via TCP/IP )

ghammond
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Article Email Link not working with SEF enabled

Post by ghammond » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:37 pm

Ideas? Anyone?

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:53 pm

this is a problem. It also fails with sh404sef

Chrisie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Chrisie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:27 am

The pop-up window with the the mailto form seems to work with SEF turned on or off, but when the email is sent it is missing the link to the article.

The Mailto functionality doesn't seem to work at all??? Have I turned off a module?

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”