page rank

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

madandproudofit
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

page rank

Post by madandproudofit » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:25 am

hi

i have a problem with joomla or it may be me...it doesnt allow individual keywords for each product page and i believe this is stopping me from getting a pagerank. i have a site that is 3 months old and has gone from an alexa rating of 6 million to 840k in that time but i would have though my future predicted pagerank would have been at least 1 whereas it shows 0

am i wrong or is joomla flawed with its keywords for search engines.

maiahost
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: page rank

Post by maiahost » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:40 pm

The pagerank that you see in your google toolbar is a snapshot of a few months before the export. The inner page keywords have nothing to do with it - G's pagerank is calculated based on the quality & PR of the links to your site.

myhello
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: page rank

Post by myhello » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:33 am

madandproudofit wrote:hi

i have a problem with joomla or it may be me...it doesnt allow individual keywords for each product page and i believe this is stopping me from getting a pagerank. i have a site that is 3 months old and has gone from an alexa rating of 6 million to 840k in that time but i would have though my future predicted pagerank would have been at least 1 whereas it shows 0

am i wrong or is joomla flawed with its keywords for search engines.
pagerank depend on backlink isn't it ?
so why u believe dont put your individual keywords stopping you from getting page rank ?
http://jogart.com Web Design Indonesia | http://hatcaklet.com PTC List

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”