css problems -category/section pages - frontpage is fine

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

bangolui
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

css problems -category/section pages - frontpage is fine

Post by bangolui » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:23 am

So sorry to double post but inadvertently posted in wrong area.

Building my 2nd Joomla site using the Milkyway template on HostMonster. I created the categories and sections and just added my first article. My frontpage looks fine but all of a sudden my 'inside' pages have lost all formatting as if the path to css has been altered. All my backend pages are a white background and center aligned text. This is actually the second time this has happed to me with this particular site. Has any one else ever experienced this? ANy clues?

thanks,
Luis
Last edited by imanickam on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Your other post (http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=466&t=541221) in the forum General Questions has been deleted. Also, moving this Topic to the Forum Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO).

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: css problems -category/section pages - frontpage is fine

Post by imanickam » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:50 am

From the description you have given, it looks like you have enabled the Search Engine Friendly URLs option in the Global Configuration. You could set it to No.

If you want to keep it as Yes, you could make use of the $live_site variable in the file configuration.php as documented in http://docs.joomla.org/Why_does_your_si ... URLs%29%3F and see what happens.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

bangolui
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: css problems -category/section pages - frontpage is fine

Post by bangolui » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:22 pm

That solved the problem! Hmmmm. I should learn more about that. Thanks so much!

Luis

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”