Front page OK every other one has lost images etc??

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

andoverwd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Front page OK every other one has lost images etc??

Post by andoverwd » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:54 pm

I installed JPFChat & it worked fine until I checked site & now I have lost all images on the sites other pages except the home page?? I am at a loss as to how a chat would corrupt the other pages. Any help would be great.
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic to the forum SEO

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Front page OK every other one has lost images etc??

Post by imanickam » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:46 pm

It looks like you would have enabled the Search Engine Friendly URLs option in the Global Configuration before or after you have put the site offline. You could set it to No.

If you want to keep it as Yes, you could make use of the $live_site variable in the file configuration.php as documented in http://docs.joomla.org/Why_does_your_si ... URLs%29%3F and see what happens.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

andoverwd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by andoverwd » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:44 pm

sorted thanx :-)

riversofbelief
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by riversofbelief » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks imanickam...

To contribute a little more for anyone with similar image issues...

All my images were gone and Yahoo Business couldn't tell me anything more than I had spaces in all my image names. I said "They all used to work! The tech recommended I rename and relink all my images.

Apparently when you use the non search engine friendly URLs on Joomla it doesn't really matter how your images are named, such as with spaces. The resultant URLs for the images will be different as generated by the Joomla environment. When you switch over to search engine friendly URLs it uses the image file names directly, which can't be used with the spaces.

So, either use seo friendly filenames to begin with, change to seo friendly filenames and redo all of your image links, switch back to non seo frieldly urls in Joomla "Global Configuration" settings, or try what imanickam suggested (I haven't tried this yet but I am planning to.)

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”