Google stop to show some of my articles

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

dgougoul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Google stop to show some of my articles

Post by dgougoul » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi, I have the following problem: if i search with the keywords site:hotelicious.gr ξενοδοχεία γύθειο προσφορές google return my article (see google_result.jpg)

If i search with the keywords ξενοδοχεία γύθειο προσφορές hotelicious.gr google does not return any article.

Do you have any idea which is the reason for it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spike1968
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Google stop to show some of my articles

Post by spike1968 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 pm

I don't speak or read greek but from what I can see the word γύθειο (gytheus is my translation) doesn't appear in the text, the word Gytheion is the one showing in my google translator on your page, yet google is translating γύθειο as gytheus in the google search.

Don't know if this is correct but if the word doesn't appear as google sees it in the text then you won't come up on that search.
I may be wrong and I often am.
http://www.yourparish.co.uk - Free listing directory
IMHO Chrome is the best

dgougoul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dgougoul » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:22 pm

The problem is that if i ask google for keywords site: hotelicious.gr it returns the article with title "Ξενοδοχεία στο Γύθειο προσφορές, διαμονή, δωμάτια, φθηνές τιμές" and if i search with keywords Ξενοδοχεία στο Γύθειο προσφορές, διαμονή, δωμάτια, φθηνές τιμές hotelicious.gr it does not return the specific article.

Any idea?

spike1968
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by spike1968 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:34 pm

site: hotelicious.gr will return all indexed pages, but if google does not like the text in a page or if it feels like there's overkill on a specific term it may not show you on those terms.

If this was my clients site the first thing I would do is get them to re write the content and make sure it contains all the correct terms and is unique content, then I would submit that page in a site map.

Also googles Webmaster tools also has a diagnostic tool to help so give that a go as well. It will be in the content.

If all else fails, you can request that google reindexes your site, but I would save that as a last resort. Worked for me on a number of occasions.
I may be wrong and I often am.
http://www.yourparish.co.uk - Free listing directory
IMHO Chrome is the best

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”