The Resources Page Map/Search Facility is Broken

Here you can contact the editors of our Resources site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.
cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

The Resources Page Map/Search Facility is Broken

Post by cmbay » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Apparently the map, keyword, radius and category facility is not working correctly on the Resources home page.

I tried the following scenarios:

Set the address to United States. The map display continues to show icons across the globe and there are 27 pages of results. (The total is 261 listings.) Many of the listings are for resources not in the United States.

Set the address to Europe. Now there are 259 results. (Strangely, not 261 results.)

Set the address to Minnesota, United States. There are now the same 261 listed resources. (Many of them are not in Minnesota.)

I opened a recently approved listing (Ryan Boog's Happy Dog Web Productions) and selected the word psychology that appears there. It's not a common word for Website companies so it shouldn't return many results. I cleared the address field, switched the condition to OR and entered psychology in the keyword field. The system returns 261 results.

I know Ryan is in Minnesota so I entered Minnesota, United States in the address field, switched the condition to AND while leaving psychology in the keyword field. The system returns zero results.

If I change the address field to United States, the system still returns zero results.

If I keep United States in the address field and use Happy as the keyword (the first name of the company), I see zero results.

I could go on to the categories but I'll leave that for another day.

It doesn't matter if I share my location or not with the page. I tried this is both the Firefox browser and the Google Chrome browser running in Linux Mint. I don't see any errors reported in the Firebug console.
Charles

Artisan Web
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: The Resources Page Map/Search Facility is Broken

Post by Artisan Web » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Thank you for your update. We are currently looking for help with the GeoRadius map as we've done extensive development on it and we're very close to launching version 2. Please contact me directly at [email protected] to let me know of your availability to assist with testing and join our meetings.

Warm Regards,

Dawn

cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by cmbay » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Okay, Dawn. Private message sent.
Charles

sudo-web
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by sudo-web » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Hi Folks,

What is the result of your effort? At the moment there is no map at all.

I would love to have the map back, or is this not possible?
Visit me on my Webdesign Webpage: https://www.posit.at

Return to “resources.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”