Why did a moderator remove my post about community builder?

Here you can contact the editors of our Resources site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.
p4aul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Why did a moderator remove my post about community builder?

Post by p4aul » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:31 pm

I created a post asking about Community Builder theme?Plugin? I admit I wasn't complimentary about it but I wasn't obscene either. I understand it was supposed to be free, but when I tried to download from the official site I was told there would be a subscription fee and then I could download it. Does that sound like free to you? Anyway a moderator removed the post. Is that the way you treat people around here?
Paul :o

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Why did a moderator remove my post about community builder?

Post by dhuelsmann » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:39 pm

p4aul wrote:I created a post asking about Community Builder theme?Plugin? I admit I wasn't complimentary about it but I wasn't obscene either. I understand it was supposed to be free, but when I tried to download from the official site I was told there would be a subscription fee and then I could download it. Does that sound like free to you? Anyway a moderator removed the post. Is that the way you treat people around here?
Paul :o
We don;'t allow what we call Wall of shame posts in the forum - You may want to familiarize yourself with the forum rules http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65. I have no idea if that is what happened. However, you can download the Community Builder component for free. You simply have to register on their site. If you want their extensive documentation, they do charge a fee, however, the basic startup information is free. Please be sure that whatever you post in the forum is correct or the moderators will certainly moderate your posts.
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:47 pm

<moderator answered while i was posting suggestion along the same lines>
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

p4aul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by p4aul » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:08 am

OK you can remove this too! You wanna be in control Stay in control, but I don't stay where I'm not wanted or where you don't allow free expression. with that kinda attitude maybe you should move your site to Iran! Keep your forum and Joomla too! I'm outa here!

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:22 am

Fair enough - the rule are published and public. You don't like them - leaving is your option http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65
Regards, Dave
Past Global Moderator

ilox
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by ilox » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:05 am

p4aul wrote:OK you can remove this too! You wanna be in control Stay in control, but I don't stay where I'm not wanted or where you don't allow free expression. with that kinda attitude maybe you should move your site to Iran! Keep your forum and Joomla too! I'm outa here!
My my, we are a heated lot in here today.
Firstly, while your post fitted into the "whine and bitch" category I didn't see anything there that needed deletion but it must have been enough to tweak the Mod's Kill filter. That's fine, that's why he's a Mod and I'm just a member. This post is not about a Mod's decision but about your response.

For me, and I'm not a Mod, a sharp response guiding you on what passes for appropriate conduct along with a pointed reference to go back and read the site information properly should have been sufficient and instructive.

There isn't any need to take your bat and go home. Joomla is free, CB is free, the help here is free. All you have to do is be nice about it and show some respect. And once you build up your knowledge then you share it with other learners. That's how this Joomla works. Sharing information.

There is no need to think people are in charge like a a police state such as Iran. Not true, not even close. There is a real community here, though most of the orders are one way it is still a community, and you have the chance to calm down and join in. Take another look at the situation and see how much you can gain and learn from being an active member. Be glad to have you back with us if that is the way you want to do it.

If you do leave, don't go away as a Joomla Hater. We don't need that kind of problem. Just accept that there was a misunderstanding and write it off as that. There are other CMS programs out there. Some folks will tell you that their favourite CMS is better than Joomla. That's just personal opinions, nothing to worry about.
Cheers, Ian
"Always remember. Love is the purest feeling, the wisest thought and the strongest reason. Always!"
by Sea-Life

p4aul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by p4aul » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:47 am

Joomla is not the problem. the attitude of those that run the blog and enforce the regulations are. Maybe they should take a look at those "rules" and see that they don't allow for free expression. I have an opinion and should be free to express it. I felt like and still feel like that Community Builder is not free. If it was free then it should be downloadable from Sourceforge and cnet. By forcing someone to register,in order to download it, it isn't. it is not free. I did, in fact try to register but was unable to. It's this kind of "Me in Control" thinking that lead some people to bittorrents, and others to protest, as in Iran. I am not one of them, but I can see the lure.

If you'll give me a link where I can download Community Builder frelly, without having to register, I'll eat my words. That brings up another pet peave and that is these "Capcha" things. At there site it was so unreadable I was unable to register! >:(

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:16 am

p4aul wrote:Joomla is not the problem. the attitude of those that run the blog and enforce the regulations are. Maybe they should take a look at those "rules" and see that they don't allow for free expression. I have an opinion and should be free to express it. I felt like and still feel like that Community Builder is not free. If it was free then it should be downloadable from Sourceforge and cnet. By forcing someone to register,in order to download it, it isn't. it is not free. I did, in fact try to register but was unable to. It's this kind of "Me in Control" thinking that lead some people to bittorrents, and others to protest, as in Iran. I am not one of them, but I can see the lure.

If you'll give me a link where I can download Community Builder frelly, without having to register, I'll eat my words. That brings up another pet peave and that is these "Capcha" things. At there site it was so unreadable I was unable to register! >:(
Conversation locked. User has nothing to offer to community.
Regards, Dave
Past Global Moderator

Return to “resources.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”